What's new

American Idol - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt

You should see some of the racist comments on the Idolonfox forum. People even using the N-word. Unbelievable. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Personally I'm happy that Fantasia won. Although I still think it would have been a much better final with Fantasia vs LaToya.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So ... how about that outfit Paula was wearing last night. Left nothing else to the imagination, eh?

BTW, IMHO, the real winner of AI 2004 is Tamyra Grey.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

It will be interesting to see what it does to her CD sales, since it went on sale Tuesday...

I would also think we'll see a spike in the sales of Rueben and Kelly's CDs. I am just sorry that Kimberley Locke didn't sing...

Evan M

Second Unit
She is so not the winner... man, she KILLED the national anthem last night.

That was awful.

Anyways, congrats to Fantasia. I'll give her props.. she deserves to be there as much as Diana. (I don't really like either one, so doesn't much matter) For those who would attack her character, I gotta give her some respect ... I mean sure she is 19 and has a kid and (is a high school drop out?? I hadn't heard that), but she HAS a kid... meaning she got pregnant young and decided to go through with the pregnancy. I can't really comment on the high school drop out thing, but obviously she didn't need it. *shrug*

I just hope Diana gets some good leads out of the competition as well.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I talking about Ruben's song with a co-worker and she couldn't believe what she was hearing. Basically it was a "if I were a poor fat slob, would you still love me" song and coming from Ruben, it just seemed so banal and talk about wasting an opportunity to energize your own fanbase with such a large built-in viewership last night.

Kelly's "Beautiful Disaster" should never be performed with only piano because the studio version sounds so much better, and the faster pacing of the song gives off more of the urgent desperation of loving a trainwreck of a person.

I thought it was funny that right after it was announced that Fantasia won the contest, Seacrest was motioning for Fantasia's family to bring up her kid, and then you see a security shut down that idea. *Chuckle*

I think Bounty is missing a great marketing opportunity if they don't sign Ruben up for a paper towel commercial, showing how their product can handle the sweat mop up after each song, while the other paper towel fail apart from similar calls for sweat mop-up duties.

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Rueben is becoming dangerously overweight and as a fan I'm really concerned about his long term health. His song was decent but it sounded like an R-Kelly wannabee.

I still think that the best talent is Latoya. She nailed that song during the outdoor performance. She went for a high note and pulled it off - the most seasoned artists don't even go for those far reaching notes during live performances. Gutsy moved - I was really impressed.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt

Yeah, they are really promoting the hell out of her. Will be interesting to see how well her album does.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Patrick touched on this before, but their voting set-up pretty much guarantees a small margin of victory. The voting period is limited to four hours, and the capacity of the system is maxed out during most, if not all of those four hours. If the calls keep coming in for both contestants at max capacity or greater for the complete four hours, then the system will record the same number of votes for each plus or minus a small amount.

That being said, I'm glad Fantasia won. It's great to see a teenage single mother overcoming obstacles and achieving like that. America loves a rags to riches story. :)

BTW, the real winner of this year's AI is Tamyra whether her CD sells or not. She will be making a mint from publishing royalties for Fantasia's single.

Regards,

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Bravo, Fantasia! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

(but I still think LaToya stole the show with the very first song!)

Yes, it boggles me that people here can be so rude. For all I know Diana and Fantasia both browse the HTF...

...OK, so people who are in the public eye do set themselves up to be criticised (e.g. Paula and her Klingon cleavage), but sheesh, these are teenagers who are only recently famous. Let's cut them some frigging slack, eh? :)

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I don't understand the insults. Some people take this glorified Karaoke contest a little too serious. I don't think either of them are particularly good singers but that doesn't mean I should get pissed at them. I also don't think Reuben or Kelly are that great of singers either but that's OK last time I checked.

Also, to whomever claimed that the people who don't like Fantasia is because they don't understand the genre is giving themselves a tad too much credit, don't you think? I mean, it may come as a challenge to you but for most of the world pop is an easy genre to understand. Either you like it or you don't. Just because I don't like what Christina or Britney sing doesn't mean I don't "get" it. :rolleyes

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Yeah, it boggles my mind too. :eek:

"If you were to feminize Chris Tucker and make him a singer, you'd come up with Fantasia."

"Hey, I have always been a fan of Donald Duck, now he may win American Idol"

"…and bobos and chicken dances with her [Fantasia’s] big ass shoved way out don't detract from that."

"She [Fantasia] looks like a chicken who can't get the egg out. Man she makes my penis turtle."

"From Donald Duck on Crack to Porky"

"Fantasia makes my scrotum contract"

"Fantasia- Dear God, can she sound anymore like one of the chipmunks on crack"

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I am glad that Fantasia won. I personally like her voice and I like her style. It just goes to show how refined people are when they attack her like some of the stuff I read.

I was thinking Paula was going to have a "wardrobe malfunction" last night...but I still think she is gorgeous.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor

Oh SNAP! That's cold.

If Luc Besson ever decides to film a sequel for "The Fifth Element", he should cast Fantasia as Dj Ruby Rhod/Chris Tucker's twin sister, but in male drag.

I hope for Fantasia's sake, after the tour she works with a vocal coach to control the screechiness of her vocal range.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't count on it. Ruben still has that annoying raspiness in his singing that I didn't enjoy when he sang.

Also, given that this is a singing contest show, commenting on contestant's vocal quality and our reaction to their vocal quality is fair game.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Here's my prediction:

Fantasia will be the first American Idol that has a hit that's both based on sales AND airplay. I think radio will be more receptive to "I Believe" than it was to "A Moment Like This", "This is the Night" or "Flying Without Wings". Count me as one of the first in line to buy it!

DanaA

Screenwriter

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I've never heard her sing so poorly.

As far as Fantasia, I kind of like her singing...although probably not enought to ever buy her CD.

To me, La Toya was the best singer out there last night. Kelly seemed way off to me.

Boy, have they ignored, was his name Justin...you know, the runner-up from season 1. I will say that, at the very least, both subsequent runner ups have been much better than him. His phony smile made me want to puke.

Sorry if I offended anyone here by saying that. I'm new to this thread.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Any male who does this type of movie should expect to be ignored.

Hey bud, the singing and surfing movie days are over. Talk about career suicide.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks