What's new

American Idol - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
Even though Hung was a horrible singer, at least he could carry the melody of the song. Most of the contestants who didn't make it through couldn't carry the tune even if it came in a Prada bag.

The dude with the really cheap suit who thought he was M.C. Hammer...what's with the suit label still on the sleeve of the jacket? Are we supposed to be impressed because of the designer name?

It's amazing how a lot of these "performers" go in with the attitude that they are "owed" a gold ticket. If this is how they react in a television show audition, they wouldn't make it through auditions for tv, stage or film.

The girl with her Svengali/trainer...she needs to find a real friend that will tell her YOU CAN'T SING!

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

I beg to differ. I have the episode on tape and went back to confirm, and the guy with the refugee parents sang the Stevie song.

Chris

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
My favorite was from last week when the Hong Kong kid said that America needs a "Hong Kong superstar". I was cracking up!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
My bad Chris. I thought the guy with the refugee parents was the first guy to make it to LA that day which is why I thought he sang Desperado.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Ok, I see. There were 3 days shown last night. Refugee guy made it through on day one, Desperado made it through on day two. Day three was San Fran.

Chris

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Also, one of the contestants last night is following in Kim Caldwell's footsteps. Kim was in the top ten for Popstars One, Katie Webber was in the top ten for Popstars Two. There have been a few others from the Popstars, but these are the only two to make it to Hollywood.

Chris

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
It's funny how they will accuse some contestants of being "affected" and yet Simon told that guy with the grossly melismatic version of Desperado that he liked the arrangement. It must have been a moment of weakness.

The guy who sang Stevie Wonder's "Lately" was unbelievably good compared to anyone else I saw.

Regards,

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
well, since jodeci covered the song, i got confused. the song i was looking for is indeed the stevie wonder song, thanks!

CJ

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the guy who was singing "All that jazz" was pretty funny. They said he stunk and he replied with "seriously?", funny stuff. Also I think that Hung has some type of mental disability, I don't think they should have showed him.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I would definitely buy an album from the pen salesman, but he needs to show a lot more enthusiasm.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was just listening to the TV when the pen guy was singing. I too was shocked when I finally looked at him.

I thought that other guy had a lot of balls to sing Paula Abdul's song for his audition. And Simon's follow-up cracked me up!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Hawaii"

I didn't really enjoy the ones that made it through (i.e. slim pickings).

The bad audtions were pretty bad. The guy doing the Paula Abdul song was bloody awful.

It's annoying to watch the judges fawn over someone that I don't think sound good at all (like the waitress). Plus Simon trying to score disinterest points with the model was pretty lame.

The recap of the worst from the 5 cities had me ROTFLMMFAO.

William Hung for President. He rocks....or bangs...

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
She bangs, She bangs, do.. do.. do... :emoji_thumbsup: :laugh:

Patrick,

William Hung for president is a pretty good idea...

Post Edited By Administrator. Even if you're joking, we don't need political commentary.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Yeah. Face it, many teens nowadays don't know any music beyond what they hear on the radio.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

I don't know what they saw in her.

Hopefully some of the picks are due to having a quota to fill. The real puzzler will be if some of them make it to the final 30.

Chris

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
William Hung to Ryan Seacrest:

"And What is Your Name?"

You gotta love that guy, I would love to have seen him do the whole song, too bad Simon interrupted him. He was great.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor

She's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. I admire resilience in people, but not when it comes to the point where security has to be called in. I think all these years of over emphasizing self esteem in our culture are back firing on us right before our eyes. What a tragedy to live your whole life never being told "No" until you are in front millions of TV viewers. I'm sure that is a challenging moment. ;)

Oh well, I'll get off my soap box. I do love this show. It is so fascinating to watch.

Peace,

DM

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The response of the judges by the really bad auditions is what makes me laugh hardily, watching the judges lose their composure does it for me. That's some good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks