What's new

American Idol - Season 11 (2 Viewers)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I sure don't know who that's and Elise doesn't remind me of that person at all.
Anyway when Deandre sang it looked like the girl next to him was flashing her unders but it looked extra shiny. I asked my wife if it looked like she was vagazzled.
Wife had no idea what the was so I had to explain it.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
You live in New Jersey and you don't know who that is?!?!?! I probably should have found an older photo.
Here's an alternate image:
e2502ac2_paulstanley2.jpeg

(You could also have hovered your mouse over the picture to see the URL. ;) )

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
TonyD said:
I sure don't know who that's and Elise doesn't remind me of that person at all.
Anyway when Deandre sang it looked like the girl next to him was flashing her unders but it looked extra shiny. I asked my wife if it looked like she was vagazzled.
Wife had no idea what the was so I had to explain it.
Two little things, first you don't use a contraction in your sentence like you did for "that's" and there are other numerous spelling and grammatical errors. Second, is most can't believe you don't know who that guy was in the first photo? Really? Unless you are a young kid in their 20s or under, then it's a sheer crime and unbelievable.
Just kidding, had to say something about NOT knowing who that was when most do. :D

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Jeffery_H /t/317806/american-idol-season-11/90#post_3913626
Two little things, first you don't use a contraction in your sentence like you did for "that's" and there are other numerous spelling and grammatical errors. Second, is most can't believe you don't know who that guy was in the first photo? Really? Unless you are a young kid in their 20s or under, then it's a sheer crime and unbelievable.
(emphasis mine)

Irony?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Why was Colton slurring the words together, it rendered the phrasing almost unintelligible.
Again, it's simply sad to see these youngsters not know these songs (what are they listening to nowadays anyway?).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Aaron that hovering thing doesn't work on the iPad plus not from Jersey or living there.
Also I'm near fifty and I know who Kiss is but without makeup I don't know who any of them are except for Gene Simmons.
Jeffery grammatical and spelling errors are sometimes an auto correct "feature" on the iPad also...:rolleyes:

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Sun /t/317806/american-idol-season-11/90#post_3913650
Why was Colton slurring the words together, it rendered the phrasing almost unintelligible.
Again, it's simply sad to see these youngsters not know these songs (what are they listening to nowadays anyway?).
Colton is always slurring words together, it's his style. It ain't good, but that's what it is.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Aaron Silverman said:
Tina, if you go to Amazon (use an HTF link, of course!) and search for "Rollin' Home" there's a CD of the Attila album that you can get for around $5.
Thanks again, Aaron. My copy of the CD arrived yesterday in the mail and was waiting for me as I returned home from work. I played it right away and loved what I heard. I am really big on pop/rock/soul organ music from that particular era and Billy had me at California Flash!!!!!!!! Thanks again!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
And too bad DeAndre ended up being eliminated. To me, he was one of the more refreshingly different performers on a show which, IMHO, appears to be getting somewhat stale and predictable. After all, only four pages on this Forum about this television series this late in the season!!!!!????? Only two more weeks to use the save and then that will be it for S12. I see a save coming on within that time. Apparently, the ratings may need to be insured. The save, IMHO, helps.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Not to be rude and dump on this forum, but I haven't watched a single episode this season.
And I feel wonderful. Simon is an ass, the whole premise of the show is becoming very dated and overdone. They are looking for 'pop' stars who can sing high notes so the seals (I mean audience) can flap their arms. Yet there are immensely talented people out there who would probably never even make it past the audition stage. They may have fantastic, emotional voices with incredible range but don't fit the "Look" the show wants.
Don't miss it at all.
For those of you who still enjoy it, keep it up. I have nothing against you, but we all have different tastes and mine have changed over the past few seasons.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Stan what's the point?
Simon cowell hasn't been on the show for the last TWO seasons and this is the second time you posted this in two different threads.
Can you just not doit anymore. Bordering on thread crapping.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Stan said:
Not to be rude and dump on this forum, but I haven't watched a single episode this season.
And I feel wonderful. Simon is an ass, the whole premise of the show is becoming very dated and overdone. They are looking for 'pop' stars who can sing high notes so the seals (I mean audience) can flap their arms. Yet there are immensely talented people out there who would probably never even make it past the audition stage. They may have fantastic, emotional voices with incredible range but don't fit the "Look" the show wants.
Don't miss it at all.
For those of you who still enjoy it, keep it up. I have nothing against you, but we all have different tastes and mine have changed over the past few seasons.
Oops, my mistake. This is actually the THIRD time you posted this in this same thread.
Enough already because you actually are being rude now.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Yes, as I pointed out back on page two, this habit of yours of making random, often completely meaningless posts is getting annoying. I swear I log in some mornings and every single "last post" in the top 10 threads is by you, posting about how you don't like a show or don't watch a show.

Time to mosey on along, now.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Josh Dial said:
Yes, as I pointed out back on page two, this habit of yours of making random, often completely meaningless posts is getting annoying.  I swear I log in some mornings and every single "last post" in the top 10 threads is by you, posting about how you don't like a show or don't watch a show.
Time to mosey on along, now.
Yes, he does do that, however this also does not give you or anyone else the right to tell someone else not to express their own personal views. He has just as much right to complain as you do to enjoy the show. No one here "owns" a thread or the web site and can tell someone not to post, unless it violates the rules, in which case I am sure it would be dealt with by the owners. The whole idea behind this "thread crapping" is rather childish and seems like a bunch of 6 year olds complaining because someone doesn't like to play with the toys they like. If you don't like it, then just don't read it and move on to the posts that you enjoy from others that like the show.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
Yes, he does do that, however this also does not give you or anyone else the right to tell someone else not to express their own personal views. He has just as much right to complain as you do to enjoy the show.
I disagree with this. Why should he be allowed to participate in a discussion thread about a show he doesn't even watch?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
There is a clear distinction between watching a show and criticizing/complaining about it versus criticizing/complaining about a show that you not only don't watch, but the onus of the complaints are over cast members who aren't even on the show anymore. It's like going into the SNL thread and going on about how the show is terrible and concentrating on how bad Will Forte is and how he's ruined the show when Will Forte isn't even on the show. To do this three separate times? It is trolling.

There is a very clear breach of forum etiquette to interrupt the existing discussion with thread shitting. No one should be going into threads of shows they don't watch to air imaginary complaints, period.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, let's move on, further thread craps will be dealt with appropriately.
And yes, that includes being condescending (i.e. not watching a show, but going a thread to state how you're not watching and show because it sucks, etc.). Just leave us muggles, mired in the muck, enjoying our plebian entertainment, as you ascend to greener pastures. Go talk up shows you are enjoying, life's too short to worry about stuff you don't care about anymore.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Sorry guys, won't happen again.
Just suffering from a three day bout of insomnia and tend to get a little carried away and say whatever comes to mind.
I'll be more careful and polite in the future. Didn't realize I was becoming one of those oddballs who is beginning to turn into a thread crapper, butting in with my meaningless opinion when I have nothing better to do.
Thanks for straightening me out before it went to far. I enjoy this forum mainly because it is polite. Honest and rude obnoxious people are kept out.
I've probably been pushing things to the edge recently and I'll put a stop to it.
Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks