What's new

American Gladiators 2008 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The show that was unquestionably the most important cultural event in all of human history returns on January 6 on NBC. I think I've read that it will be fundamentally different from the original run, but I don't know what that entails.

As a kid, I had a weekend ritual: American Gladiators followed by Degrassi Junior High, because nothing goes better with American Gladiators than Canadian angst. I watch AG on ESPN when I can, and it hasn't lost a thing.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hulk Hogan is what it entails. And, quite honestly, isn't that the one thing that could make American Gladiators even better?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'll be watching as I'm curious to see what they do with an updated version.

My favorite event, which I hope they keep, but update really cool is where one of the gladiators is firing at one of the contestants with an air gun and the contestant runs to different weapons stations knocking out the gladiators target.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Assault. They should definitely have a version of that, since it's really close to what kids are playing with multiplayer first-person shooters.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
i would love to see some of the original gladiators participating as well. where is nitro nowadays????

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Wow! This is cool. I was such an AG junkie back in the day. I think an updated version would be awesome. I hope they add some cool new stunts.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I will give this a try. As long as the lawyers haven't made them make everything so safe that they take away the fun.

I want there to be a chance the contestants can get hurt. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Captured it. Probably watch it tomorrow. I may change my mind after I watch it, but my instinct is I hope the regular episodes are only an hour.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Both those women were pretty pathetic running the Eliminator.
I especially liked Koya who was still there grasping the rope on the incline even after Venus broke through the finish line.

I know it's American Gladiators but almost a little too showy and ridiculously funny when the Gladiators are doing their signature taunts

Britton

Screenwriter
Did that one contestant who was waiting 14 years to get on the show remind anyone else of Andy Bernard from the Office?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I found it slightly comical that in the first episode, a contender and a gladiator both got hurt. I could only imagine the Exec Producer shaking his head during taping.

Anyway, I'm on board for the season. If only Hulk Hogan could learn to not be so...scripted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks