What's new

Amazon STB for Christmas? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
According to the WSJ, Amazon is on track to release a video streaming STB for this holiday season.

Code named "cinnamon", the STB supposedly resembles the Rok player and will run a variety of apps and content from many sources. Of course, it would be another vehicle for Amazon's streaming movie service, which is part of the Prime membership. To bolster this, Amazon has been in discussions with a variety of media app developers and cable providers seeking partnerships for the rollout.

Given that Amazon is streaming on a variety of devices already, it doesn't seem like a big surprise that they would be doing this.

If you haven't bought a streaming media device, would this be the tipping point for you?

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I just bought a Google Chromecast not because I needed it, but because it was cheap and I wanted to play with it.I already have the ability to stream on all of my televisions and am unlikely to buy another product offering a similar service.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks