What's new

Amazon relents on Sales Tax, sets sights on Same Day Delivery instead (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
It's sad but Amazon is now messing up more frequently than in years past. I just received a copy of the one-disc BRD of Jurassic Park that was clearly marked "NON SALEABLE". The sticker included information about a previous owner's reasons for returning said disc. And yet Amazon (directly, not a "partner") shipped it off to me while charging full price. They accepted it back for refund but still- can you see how clearly it's marked?

Used Jurassic Park BRD.jpg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Dennis Nicholls said:
It's sad but Amazon is now messing up more frequently than in years past. I just received a copy of the one-disc BRD of Jurassic Park that was clearly marked "NON SALEABLE". The sticker included information about a previous owner's reasons for returning said disc. And yet Amazon (directly, not a "partner") shipped it off to me while charging full price. They accepted it back for refund but still- can you see how clearly it's marked?

attachicon.gif
Used Jurassic Park BRD.jpg
Looks fine to me... Oh wait, the giant sticker. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Had no idea Sunday delivery was really a thing. Ordered something on Friday, expecting it by Tuesday (via Prime) per the schedule presented, and it showed up yesterday (Sunday).

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I still can't fathom drone delivery ever happening on a large scale.

To see the skies filled with drones? There's so many opportunities for theft when there is no human involved. With all the gun owners in this country, I can see these things being shot out of the sky (and that's not a political statement).

And, as Johnny hinted, there will be too much air traffic to deal with.

Do we really want our skies littered with these things?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I still can't fathom drone delivery ever happening on a large scale.

To see the skies filled with drones? There's so many opportunities for theft when there is no human involved. With all the gun owners in this country, I can see these things being shot out of the sky (and that's not a political statement).

And, as Johnny hinted, there will be too much air traffic to deal with.

Do we really want our skies littered with these things?
Yeah, I think a lot of them would be shot at. I can't conceive of this being a viable commercial delivery option. Of course, when cell phones first came out, I thought they'd be slow to catch on and that their main use would be to talk to other people. So what do I know? :lol:

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

View attachment 22983
Nothing like this has ever happened to me with Amazon. I would consider Amazon the most reliable and best online merchant I've ever used.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I would think this might also send some online vendors out of business since they may not have the staff or ability to track and submit tax receipts for every state.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
99.9% of my online purchases are Amazon and I've been paying sales tax for the last 2 years as they have distribution centers in SC (one about 2 miles from my house). I think smaller e-tailers will be hurt.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
99.9% of my online purchases are Amazon and I've been paying sales tax for the last 2 years as they have distribution centers in SC (one about 2 miles from my house). I think smaller e-tailers will be hurt.
Amazon is going to get hurt due to third party sales.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I try to only buy movies that I’m sure of, seldom do I take a flyer on a movie I haven’t watched. When I do, it’s low-priced. I’m not going to spend $20 and up on a movie I’m unsure of.

Because I enjoy the convenience of online ordering, I don’t think this decision will change my buying habits. I can think of one exception, big ticket items like TVs, appliances, etc. Online will have to have a price advantage or an availability advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks