What's new

Amazon posts Black Friday Lightning Deals Schedule (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING TO PURCHASE?

This year's Amazon Black Friday schedule is leaving me underwhelmed.

Last year had better choices of more recent releases at a discounted price.

I also think many of us who have been collecting DVD and Blu-ray product

all these years already own a lot of these advertised specials.

For me, I'll buying RONIN at $4.99 and will be starting my collection of the

TV Series THE BIG BANG THEORY by purchasing Season Four at its

special price.

Look forward to hearing what other members are anticipating purchasing.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, there isn't much here I don't either already own or really strikes me. Some will change as they post the pricing.

Too many DVD, not enough Blu

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I picked up The Muppet Five Pack a little over an hour ago. I do not know how many of these sets they have for these prices, but this particular set SOLD OUT in less than 10 minutes! I logged on at EXACTLY 11:30 AM according to my Computer's Clock, they showed the original $ 143.99 Price, so I "Refreshed" the screen five or six times until the Priced changed to $49.99. At this point nearly half the sets were clamed, so I had to work fast, I secured my set for the Sale Price, then logged on again, it showed this set as "100% Clamed". If you want these Bargains ACT FAST! :crazy: PS I I Miss out on any of the other sets I want I will have a second chance to get them at Midnight during "The National Day of Insanity". :laugh:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I was able to put muppets into my cart a moment ago. Amazon asked me to go n the wait lost for it but it immediately plopped it not my cart and would have been able to buy it. Since I already had the first two season I just cancelled it but there still might be a chance for someone to get it.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I put in another order (got the last 3 seasons of X-File, and a couple of flicks) then noticed Pulp fiction Blu ray. Oh well...not wanting it so much that I'll cancel my previous order and reorder with Pulp. Nothing else wows me...although I'd love to pick up Friends. Didn't watch that originally. Walmart will prob have those too. I think they did last year.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Adam Gregorich said:
Does the * mean the price is TBD?  Probably some Psych and Mad Men depending on price.
I believe so. I see Tuesdays Prices are already posted. Wednesday's Prices will probably be posted tomorrow. Amazon will most likely match the prices the other Retailors will be charging this Friday, the "National Day of Insanity" as I like to call it. :laugh: If I miss out on any of Amazon's Prices I'll have to stay up on Thursday Night and "Join the Fray". :D

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks for publishing the sale here, Ron, but nothing on that list excites me. I was hoping for a deal on the Star Wars Saga or The Lion King -- two titles where I've been holding out for a good holiday price.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Scott, tell me about it. Worst Amazon Black Friday Lightning Deals....ever!

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

Scott, tell me about it. Worst Amazon Black Friday Lightning Deals....ever!

I was shocked to see that Saving Private Ryan was on sale for $19. Thats NOT a BF price.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I thought it said $13 when I looked at it but still not a big bargain.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Amazon will put The Lion King Blu-ray (2d-only version) on sale for $16.99 on Thanksgiving day. It says so on the product page!
Scott Merryfield said:
Thanks for publishing the sale here, Ron, but nothing on that list excites me. I was hoping for a deal on the Star Wars Saga or The Lion King -- two titles where I've been holding out for a good holiday price.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Scott Merryfield said:
I'm guessing Star Wars will be part of a non-Black Friday sale at some point in the next few weeks (just like the Jurassic Park set is on sale for $30 right now at Amazon).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Mark-P said:
Amazon will put The Lion King Blu-ray (2d-only version) on sale for $16.99 on Thanksgiving day. It says so on the product page!
Thanks, Mark! I just checked Amazon's page for this item, and you are correct. I do not recall Amazon ever giving that type of heads up before.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just got RONIN on Blu-ray for $4.49. Lightning Deal.

And while I was at it, I bought THE COLOR PURPLE for $13.98

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I need 2 seasons of Friends to complete that one so I'll be getting those, possibly the 2nd part of Deathly Hallows - depends on the price, my grandson likes that Pokemon show so I'll get that, price depending, for him, same for some of the Smurf DVDs for my granddaughter. Also Seven Samauri - *if* it's under $20, U-571 *if* I'm awake and it's $2 or less. I'd go for Mimic *if* it were DVD or included a DVD copy. I'd thought about a few more Gilmore Girls for my wife but I've seen some of the BL Thursday TVonDVD offerings and will spend a chunk there. GG may have to wait... I may also pick up Starship Troopers 3, again price depending, simply because I already own 1&2 and I'm a completist. Doom for a buck shipped might get purchased as well as I've never seen it and it's worth that much for a view in spite of mostly negative reviews. mattCR said "Too many DVD, not enough Blu" - I was thinking exactly the opposite. :) Overall it's somewhat disappointing. I really expected better than last year and this seems pretty much a repeat with only the current "popular" shows/movies swapped for last years "popular" shows/movies and a different group of "fire sale/OMG we *way* overpurchased" type titles (Doom, Starship Troopers 3, Talladega Nights, etc.).

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
I'm hoping they'll add some James Bond Blu-Ray titles like they did a few years back, which was great. I'd like to add some more titles to my collection for cheap. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks