What's new

Amazon has "Ben Hur" blu-ray box set up for pre-order $45 release date September 6th (1 Viewer)

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
That UK cover is obviously just an Amazon mock-up. It even says DVD in the bottom right corner! HMV have their own alternative mock-up cover on their website. Clearly Warner Bros have not yet provided the cover or details of contents.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
dang, another classic title I won't buy because it's in box o crap edition.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ Yeah, I like to pick up these BoC editions when they blow them out for less than the price of the single disc editions. Oh yes, they always do, I have a lot of them stuffed in a cupboard, I only wanted the discs really. I guess they take up too much warehouse space to be worthwhile, after a while...just like the shelf space they take up here... I guess they'd make pretty nice gifts though, to the right person.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Adam_S

dang, another classic title I won't buy because it's in box o crap edition.

I wouldn't be suprised to see a disc only edition as we get closer to street. There was a Target exclusive version of the Wizard of Oz and Gone With the Wind with the disc extras, and a Walmart movie only version (no second disc of extras).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell

The BRD of El Cid is region locked. So those that have a Sherwood 504 or similar BR region-free player it plays fine. The video quality is inconsistent in which some scenes look very good while some others appear mediocre at best. For those that are fans of the film, it might be a no-brainer to upgrade from the DVD. Again, it's far from the best looking BRD, but I'm glad I bought it. It's a two disc BRD with the film on one disc and the special features on another. Right now, I'm in the middle of viewing the film again with the audio commentary.

The Cid, the Cid!

My King, kneels to no man!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks