What's new

Amazon Gold Box Deal Week: Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy Gift Set $47.99 (60% off) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
91TAYSmW+DL._SL1500_.jpg

Stan

Senior HTF Member
This kind of stuff gets really annoying. I've already got all three movies on DVD, but like any business, they add a few extras, repackage things and try to get you to buy the latest version. Haven't checked into this one, but often they simply repackage the original discs, maybe include some cute collectibles or put them in a special package, but it's the same thing we were buying five years ago.

With most purchases, I usually hold off for a year or so, waiting for the "Director's Cut" or whatever fancy term the studios want to call them, rather than buying the first release, which is usually just the basic movie version with a load of previews.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Stan,

I am confused. How can this be the same thing we were
buying five years ago?

This is a Blu-ray release, not a DVD, and it's only been
available on that format, as originally released, for a about
18 months.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Sad part...I still haven't seen JP II+(How many are there???) all the way through. Just the first one.

I do remember when it and The Fugitive were "the main draw" in the burgeoning Home Theater scene. Both movies were on "constant loop" in the showrooms...

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I already have all three. I'll be buying the 3D version too. I can't spend almost $50 just to get the trex. But I sure do love dinosaurs...nah can't do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks