What's new

Amazon announces Amazon Fire TV (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
My stick has stayed it its box since I got it, but I thought of something over the weekend: The BenQ 1075 I'm reviewing has a second HDMI port on it that would be perfect for sticks like this. Makes the PJ super portable with Apps and such. Will give that a try before my review is posted.

Jacksmyname

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Walder
Hi again all. Thought I'd update my results with the stick . I've had it since the Nov. 26th.
As I posted previously, I'm very pleased with this gadget. Along with Amazon Prime for movies, tv, and music, I also use(d) it for Netflix (30 day trial just expired a few days ago). I sideloaded ES File Explorer and BS Player to watch movies stored on my PC.
Also, another movie app called Vimu Player, also for movies on my PC.
So far, the stick continues to work great. The only issue I've had was with the Netflix app. For some reason, video would freeze up about 10-15 minutes from the end of the
movie, audio would continue. I had to back out and then resume to finish what I was watching. All the other apps run fine. I have the stick connected to my receiver (Yamaha); picture and sound quality are excellent. I'm having a lot of fun with this gadget, and will buy another one for a second tv.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Cool to hear Jack. For me it was $19 almost wasted and I dunno when I'll ever play with it. It and Chromecasts seem great for those who like to tinker with stuff but I'm just not that guy any more.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
TCM updated their APP so that you can finally watch the East and West Coast feeds live. As a Verizon FIOS User I have TCM in HD for the first time. I am so happy.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I’m glad your Fire devices are working for you. I bought two fire sticks a couple years ago so we could stream Amazon Prime content. Even with the latest OS, they were terrible for everything, including Prime. On both, video would often freeze and audio would continue to play. Watching Netflix, the picture was often very pixelated like my download speed was dropping below 1Mbps (Speedtest app on my iPhone verified it was at least 5Mbps). I could switch over to Netflix on my  TV and everything was fine. Eventually, Apple allowed a Prime video app on  TV and I gave away the Fire sticks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks