What's new

Amazing Race Season 9 (1 Viewer)

Sebastien S

Second Unit
I knew the gay team would be the one illiminated way in advance.

When they were doing their helicopter challenge, their voices were dubbed over the images and talking about what a great experience this "had" been and that at the very least, one of them had conquered his fear of flying...

It was pretty much a dead give away!

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"No, just look two posts above yours (although I didn't say MUCH) "

WHOOPS,it appears that everybody loves Desiree!

Brent

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Also agree with Greg and Sebastien, no suspense at all as to who would be leaving.

Not sure if it was the same scene, but they showed the two guys in the helicopter and played the "sad, loser, you're going home music" in the background, well before the end of the show. It was very obvious what the outcome would be.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Desiree reminds me of Norah Jones a little bit. And yes, she's very easy on the eyes.

With Phil's new shorter haircut, he looks like a little like Lake, they could pass for brothers.

Though I'm rooting for BJ & Tyler, I also like Team Nerd.

Yolanda's got some serious buns and legs.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Oh Desiree! I didn't expect her to be that good-looking.

Monica and Dani are nice to look at, too.

~T

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Well, since the show is over in all time zones, I wont bother with a spoiler tag.

Those complaining about the screaming banshees, you don't have to worry about them anymore. Interestingly enough, the first two episodes have gotten rid of the token homosexual couple, and now the screaming banshees.

The Hippies continue to make me laugh with their "we don't need reverse, we have hippie power" like outcracks...

You would think that 8 seasons, the contestants would learn how to rappel and also get comfy with bungee jumping. There *always* is some kind of rappelling involved, just like making fire in Survivor, you'd think these folks would prepare for these things. I'm not sure if they had any episodes using mechanical ascenders and climbing a fixed rope, but that is another good thing to know how to do anyway. They could of made them use prussiks! :)

Jay

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Not much to say about this one. A quick bunch (not that the teams were very far apart), and then how the teams handled the roadblock has the biggest effect on the rest of the game. As dippy and camera-hoggy as the hippies are, they had the right idea going for that third fire escape - the other two had four or five people each, leading to some long waits at the top. Honestly, to a certain extent the leg was won on the ground and going up the stairs.

As much as I hate driving (don't even have a license), if I ever went on the race, I'd make darn sure I could handle a stick shift. Not handling the car killed the shriekers, who I can't say I'll miss. Aside from being loud, it's one less team where I'm not sure which is which.

Speaking of which, Danielle is taller and more athletic than Dani, right? I know BJ's the dark-haired hippy, but neither Eric nor Jeremy has made an individual impression on me. I'm eagerly looking forward to the episode where the Dans let them know they have no chance, though.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
The early bunch enhanced the race aspect of the Roadblock. I liked it.

I can't tell one D from the other, or Eric and Jeremy. I figure it will happen eventually, as with the Bransen sisters, or they'll get eliminated.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Anybody else find it odd, that Desiree was telling Wanda not to give up in that pool diving thing from the previous episode yet last night's elimination, it was seemingly Desiree that was 'giving up.'? At least CBS made it appear that way. Somehow I think Desiree did the whole race with the stress/burden that she thought she had to carry the team and it kind of wore out on her, you could see how seem seemed to stress out on the littlest of things as the episodes went on and on.

Interesting strategy with the Pink Ladies, simply follow a slower running team and then pass them to the Phil-box.

Jay

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

Same here! :frowning: This is one of my 3 teams that I really liked from the start, and actually thought they would make it pretty far.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
There's a difference between trying to encourage Wanda to finish a single immediate task -- something literally literally almost within her grasp -- and thinking that you're last and won't catch up. Searching a field in the dark is demoralizing. During the dance, there was one shot of Desiree, despondent -- but cute! But yes, I would agree that a lot of it was because Desiree was the adult in the pair, and the toll was too much.

This was the third time in a row (not counting Family Edition) where an all-female team was eliminated in the third leg. In TAR7, Debbie and Bianca missed their exit and drove all the way to coast. In TAR6, Lena couldn't find the clue in the hale bales. So this kinda combined the two. At least two of these three teams was really cute.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
It's actually the third consecutive season (besides Family Edition) which had an all-male team eliminated first, an obviously incompetent all-female team eliminated second, and a decent all-female team eliminated third.

Not to mention that other than the Family Edition, TAR4 is the only season where the third team eliminated wasn't either all-female or parent/child.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
This season has been great so far. As annoying as Lake can be, I'd rather see the "frat boys" go first. The incessant talk of females and how bad they want them, wore out very quickly. Being in the top three teams that have a big lead over the others, they'll be around for awhile.

The team I'm pulling for now is the hippies. They are funny without being obnoxious, seem to always have a fun time, and their knowledge of other cultures and languages is a huge advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks