What's new

Amazing Race: Family Edition (merged) (1 Viewer)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
All the teams with muscle struggle with carrying the soldiers but the team with the two little kids doing nothing has no problem. :)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
When are they saying "around the world"? On the show?

The website says "The family edition of THE AMAZING RACE began on the streets of New York City as ten families of four set out on the adventure of a lifetime and the chance to win one million dollars."

No mention I can find of going around the world.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Also when Phil did his recap at the beginning, he said "competing in... The Amazing Race" He usually says "in a race around the world."

I believe it's all in North America.

I'm not sure why that's necessarily a bad thing. It removes the lame flight equalizer and could also eliminate the fact that most teams lose cause of crappy cab drivers. At least now it's about navigation and other smarts.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
The CBS press release states it is a race around the world. An article in TV Guide stated that a good portion of the first half of the show would be in NA, then move on from there.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
I have noticed that in any of the interior shots shot from the inside front of the Yukon's, there is a small white divider behind the right rear seat - kinda like on an airplace. Is that where a second camera guys sits in each vehicle out of camera range? Must be someone or something back there in each of the vehicles as they need to use the roof for the racers gear with all that room in back.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Wouldn't it be fun like instead of having them drive Yukons, to give them all like 2 door honda civics or a small ford focus and then have them drive around like that...:)

Jay

Larry*P

Agent
So the Rogers family is out. Out because the dad, reading the map, instructs the son to drive EAST on Rt. 30 rather than WEST heading to Rt. 83 and ultimately to Wash. DC.

What? Do these guys look at the map ONE time and never refer to it again?

I would be checking, re-checking, double-checking the route. I mean what else are you going to do in the car anyway?

And the Paolo family. I realize we are at the mercy of the editors, but jeesh what an unlikable and dysfunctional bunch they are.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
I guess we can assume no electronic devices may be used during the race? I would be all over a hand help GPS which would keep direction-challenged drivers on track. Too bad the suspense music doesn't play in real time when the bad direction decisions are made :wink:

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter

No kidding. Since it has to be stressful, I'll give people some benefit of the doubt, but they come across as thoroughly unpleasant. With four person teams I expect this kind of infighting to become more common.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
"Tonight on The Amazing Field Trip..."

We've seen where Washington crossed the Delaware, the Capitol Building and large portions of the national mall, a civil war battlefield and reenactment, and a nice Mennonite girl that kinda looked like Jennifer Garner. When is somebody going to jump off a freakin' cliff already??? :D

At this point, if you randomly mixed up all the blondes and all the paunchy middle-aged white guys and reassigned them to new teams - I wouldn't notice.

And I wish more of these people had played Midtown Madness on the XBox. They would have known that they could drive through the grass on the mall, go past the giant soccer ball, hit the funky sculpture-shaped ramp, and land right in the Capitol's reflecting pool. :D

Brad

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I get the feeling that these guys are going to come in 2nd-to-last a lot, come in last on at least one non-elimination round, and just malinger. There always seems to be one team like that.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Edited down because they had a solid lock on 7th place. And those two parents seem in better shape than anyone else.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
I was bummed the Rogers family was out.. only cause I wanted to see more of Brittney's ass-ets.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Looks like the show will leave the U.S as some point according to this recent interview with Phil Keoghan.

Why are the families driving around the east coast right now instead of jetting off to another country? Phil says, “Part of that was just to throw off the teams, because the teams are just expecting that they’re going to be on a plane going overseas. That was another thing we put in there. We’re always trying to change it.â€

But he promises that “it’s not just America. It’s an international show still. It’s the race.â€

No spoilers, so safe reading:

http://tempo.typepad.com/entertainme...erview_wi.html

Mike Slade

Second Unit

I don't know if it's standard on all models but I think most have the compass in the rearview mirror. My Sierra does. But that doesn't really help when someone says go east and you should be going west.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

I'm pissed that never came out for the PC! I love the Chicago and San Fran/London versions!

Back to TAR... What's the deal with that wimpy Dad with the 3 daughters? Him trying to carry those guys on stretchers was just embarrassing.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
1 desperate housewife to another "who wants to pull 4 Gi's".

Free gas forever .... holy crap!!

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks