What's new

Amazing Race: Family Edition (merged) (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> IIRC it was filmed in June and July.

Was it that recent? I noticed the gas was $2.19 (in NY) & thought it had been longer ago that it was that "cheap".

> I'm not a fan of it because I think it should be mandatory that the teams have at least one 10-14 age kid in them.

Why? I think it's more interesting having a mix, which this show has more of than any other reality show (all young team, all old, all male, all female, etc.). Not everyone has kids. It's hard to say whether the kids are an asset or a liability at this point.

> Do the parents get to screw the kids or is it everyone gets $250K.

Last time I heard, underage people can't sign contracts, and the parents are legally entitled to the child's earnings.

I was surprised how poorly the next-to-last team did, considering they had young, athletic guys to do a physical task.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Which is why I would be surprised that TAR wouldn't specify funds to go to them in a trust to avoid issues down the road with casting, etc.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Then why were they (or at least the mom) so freaked out about it? As I recall, they do have to turn in all the clues at the end of each leg, or get a penalty. This might be assessed at the beginning of the next leg. Or they went back to get it -- they were last to arrive at the park no matter what.

My "nobody picked them" pick in the Challenge worked out well :) A little too much dallying at locations, but it seems they're pretty good at driving.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.

I wonder what they'll say at the beginning of each episode? In previous AR's, Phil would describe each location as "the [nth] pitstop in a race around the world"

Ty Zucker

Stunt Coordinator
I was very sad to see the Black family eliminated. It was inspiring to see how loving and patient mom and dad were with one another and their boys. They truly had nothing to be ashamed of.

The Gaghan family cracked me up. Good for them coming in second. They totally kicked butt.

Robin_B

Stunt Coordinator
When did they say the entire race takes place in North America? If it is why would they need airfare? You can drive across the country in 3 or 4 days. That's gonna s*ck if it's true. The best thing about the race is all the different cultures they have to get through. No more "fasto fasto".

And I thought they were GMC Yukons they were driving not Tahoes.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
They've sent folks back and enforced a penalty on the next show for similar stuff before. Either they went back or we may see something in the next show about it.

Mike Slade

Second Unit
They've sent people back for not performing certain parts of tasks or not doing something exactly as it was stated, but not for losing a clue I don't think. As Travis_S mentioned I also seem to remember a team losing their clue in a past race and just having to remember what they were supposed to do with no penalty. And, as also mentioned, freddie and kendra lost their clue and just went and got a new one instead of finding the one they lost and that is why they were penalized.

Mike JL

Grip
My family vacation this year was June 25 - July 3. Gas was 2.09 - 2.19 throughout the trip. Timing seems right.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
Do you think a team would have been penalized for not exiting Manhattan via the George Washington Bridge. What if somone got lost and ended up using the Lincoln Tunnel for example?

Robin_B

Stunt Coordinator

I know I own one.

So is anybody gonna fill me in on how they know the whole series is going to be North America? It says nothing about on the official CBS website.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
no one mentioned those two guys from the frank stand were from previous racers except that one kid from the Paolo family. I can't remember their names...

brentl

Senior HTF Member
You could tell it was Kevin and Drew from a distance, you could also tell most of the current racers never wathced the show.

Brent

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator
I was really looking forward to this season..until I foundout its in North America..I bet the ratings start to really slide when people realize they aren't going to see them compete all over the world...my interest level just dropped by half..oh well there's always season 9

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
When was it stated that it was limited to North America? I recall reading that it would spend more time in the U.S. than previous races, and would stick to developed areas (so, no Africa or rural Asia), but they're still saying "race around the world".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks