What's new

Amazing Race: Family Edition (merged) (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The Family Edition had problems, but Carissa Gaghan wasn't one of them. She was a cool, fearless kid.

But, yeah, it was the first time in a while that the ratings were below the previous iteration, and it really shed viewers. I think a family version could have worked well, but they mucked up casting (too many families whose members were tough to tell apart) and never left North America, so few people ever really had to deal with culture shock.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Well, I hope this season's AR is better. So far, I enjoyed the first episode, haven't really had any really obvious annoying teams yet. I wish CBS wouldn't broadcast the show at 10pm EST though.

...and we already had our first team this season thanking God for providing them a taxi ride as if God had nothing better to do than to help the Glamazons get a taxi. ;)

Jay

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Yes it was a flop, for all the reasons that Jason stated above. Laast nights episode of the new season was better in its first hour than the entirety of the the Family Editions season. And this is coming from a TAR lover since day 1.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I was wholly disappointed in the Family Edition. It had no pizzazz and a real lack of people to root for. Of course, I found a team to root for (totally superficial reason) and a team to root against (the obvious "evil doers")...but I hope they never do it again. Keeping two people straight is hard enough; I couldn't do the four.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks