What's new

Am I The Only "Redneck" That Owns "The Jeff Foxworthy Show"? (1 Viewer)

John Gido

Second Unit
I can't be the only person that bought this :D. It has been out for a week and is still not listed on DVD Profiler. I realize that the show is not great, but it is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Joseph G.

Agent
No, I purchased this set also. I've already watched all of it. It was good to see this show again. I remember enjoying it when it was on the air, and after watching the set I still enjoy the show. I just hope enough people buy the first season so they can release the 2nd season.

John Gido

Second Unit
I've also watched the entire set. I remember being home sick from work one day and seeing an episode or two on a cable station (possibly PAX) and it brought a chuckle or two. I do hope that they release Season 2 because the overall opinion is that it is better than the first.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
It's available? Cool! I never got a chance to watch it when it was on, and I LOVE Foxworthy! :D

I'd still like to write the guy a fan letter and ask him WHICH branch of the family he belongs to, because half of the You Might Be A Redneck Ifs sound SO familiar!

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I used to watch it when it aired on the USA channel when I was younger, but I got sick of the whole redneck thing pretty fast. It was the same thing as the Torklesons...

Ryan

John*P

Second Unit
I saw a few copies of The Jeff Foxworthy Show: Season 1 in the Wal*Mart DVD bargain bin for $5.50 the other day...

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
For people who are not familiar with his sitcom, let me warn you that it's nowhere near as good as his stand-up comedy specials. This stand-up routine was mostly based around his married life with only a fraction of it dedicated to his redneck jokes. He is must more talented than that.

If you're looking for his best work check out the specials "You Might Be A Redneck If . . . ", "Check Your Neck" or "Totally Committed" all now on DVD. "The Jeff Foxworthy Show" is yet another unfortunate example of a great comedian stuck in a second-rate sitcom.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I think they were trying to go for another Home Improvement here, but it didn't work.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I am not a fan of the series at all, but since there's only 2 seasons, I think it's time for Sony to go ahead and release season 2 so it can be completed.

John Gido

Second Unit
I can only hope:

According to "TVShowsonDVD.com", The Jeff Foxworthy Show: Season 2 is set for a May 12th release date.

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Well, I love Jeff Foxworthy not only for his redneck humor but for the bulk of his stand-up material which is focused on married life. However, this was never a good show nor was it ever really as funny as it should have been. It certainly never came close to matching his own comedy material.

Someone seemed to come up with the idea of doing a sitcom about a southern family and stuck Jeff in it because he does "southern" humor. Sorry, that don't work if the material isn't there. The same thing happened to Margaret Cho with All-American Girl.

If you want to see Jeff at his best get his first two stand-up specials which are now on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks