What's new

Aloha Bobby and Rose (1 Viewer)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
As I opted to beat the heat by watching some 7/s flix in an air con room im a bit perplexed how Anchor Bay got ALOHA BOBBY AND ROSE ( a guilty pleasure of mine)

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Louis Letizia said:
As I opted to beat the heat by watching some 7/s flix in an air con room im a bit perplexed how Anchor Bay got ALOHA BOBBY AND ROSE ( a guilty pleasure of mine)
It was in the Palomar Pictures library they got from Bristol-Myers-Squibb, about the time they also released LAW AND DISORDER, THE STEPFORD WIVES, SLEUTH, and THE HEARTBREAK KID.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
I thought so..but didnt see Palomar mentioned in imdb. Thanks Wfor cearing thT up. We dont know if AB still has their library. Ive been pleasently surprised of their abundant rereleases of the ong dormant Fox library. A stunning Blu of THE ENTITY

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Timeless Media is releasing/re-releasing this on July 29, for $9.99. It can be preordered on Amazon.

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Certainly hope so, and I hope all the Palomar pictures get reissued, especially 'Sleuth" and 'Law and Disorder", one of both Caroll O'Connor and Ernest Borgnine's greatest performances.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
I could see Shout doing a bare bones triple feature of 3 never released on DVD Palomar tiles- The Strange Vengeance of Rosalie, WhateverBecame of Jack and Jill? and To Kill a Clown. Only Clown received a vhs release.

Hard to tell who now owns the 1975 The Stepford Wives. Paramount owned it for a while. Otherwise this would be an ideal Shout Bluray for its 40th Anniversary.

I second Sleuth (on Blu) but would especially like The Heartbreak Kid and Law and Disorder.

When Michael Calls is a fun thriller but would be better on their tv movie double feature label .

Ive never seen The Darwin Adventure-perhaps the most elusive of the Palomar titles
The rest are more MGM through the ABC label, which still would reside with Shout.

Disappointed in Aloha which is not, as I assumed a Palomar film. Always watched this as an HBO junkie whenever it was on. Its soundtrack and cinematography deserved the Bluray treatment.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Viewed the Shout/Timeless DVD. A big disappointment to say the least. PQ is definitely below average. Sad because I've seen DVDs with much better PQ ("The Wild Life" 1984 ). Remind me to send a polite note to Shout Factory requesting a new and better transfer to Blu.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Sent the following letter to Shout (via Facebook PM):
=================================================================
I received your DVD of the 1975 film Aloha Bobby & Rose and of course viewed it on my Vizio 70" HDTV connected to a Sony BDP-S590 Blu-ray player.

In short I was very disappointed in the DVD. The picture quality (PQ) didn't seem any better than a old VHS copy which leads me to believe that a old VHS transfer was used. Disappointed because I was hoping that the up scaling capability of my blu-ray player would yield a nice quality picture superior to a regular DVD player (but not up to Blu-ray standards of course). I have several recently-released DVDs that upscale nicely and have much better PQ (Universal Vault's The Wild Life (1984) which Universal released in late 2013 for one).

Aloha Bobby & Rose deserves so much better than this.

In a earlier note from Facebook, you stated that no blu-ray would be coming of ABR. A bunch of us over at HomeTheater Forum agree that Aloha Bobby & Rose should get a proper Blu-ray release using a new 4K scan transfer from the original negatives if those still exist along with film restoration work if needed (and it probably would be needed). Not only could a quality blu-ray be derived from a new scan but a much-improved DVD release as well.

Please take a new scan/transfer and blu-ray release for Aloha Bobby & Rose under consideration and if you could, make it happen. You would have some happy customers, including myself.

Sincerely
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks