What's new

All Time - Greatest Movie Quotes (1 Viewer)

John Doran

Screenwriter
sorry - one more, one of the best ever:

Gattaca
Vincent: You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton: I never saved anything for the swim back.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA

"I know...there's a problem with your face."

"It's all in the reflexes."

"With light coming out of his mouth!!!"

SteveJKo

Second Unit
From the one and only "Planet Of The Apes"

"Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!"

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Han Solo:

"Yeah but Droids don't pull your arms out of their sockets when they lose...Wookies are known to do that"...;)

Another great one from the coolest character in Star Wars (besides me) :)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
"They're probably watching me. Well, let them. Let them see what kind of a person I am. I'm not even going to swat that fly. I hope they are watching... they'll see. They'll see and they'll know, and they'll say, "Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly..."

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Great one Steve! Ok, last quote for the day as I gotta run but here's one some of you lads...especially the younger ones ;) may not know. My family are BIG Mel Brooks fans. We grew up with Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, and High Anxiety. We are also huge Alfred Hitchcock fans so High Anxiety was quoted ALL THE TIME in the Glover home. You should have been a fly on the wall during one of the nutty meal time moments :D

Brooks asks Harvey Korman:
"What's the rate of patient recovery here at the Institute for the Very, Very Nervous?"

Korman answers: (he puts his cigar back in his mouth, pulls out his calculator..does some figuring-then blurts out:
"Once in a Blue Moon"....:D :D

Greatness :)

Chris Parham

Stunt Coordinator
SOTL
Starling- that doesn't interest me Dr. Lechter. Quite frankly, it sounds like something Migs would say.
Lechter (turning away)- Not anymore...

Lechter- a census taker tried to interview me once......

Josh.C

Second Unit
I'm rewatching the Matrix trilogy, and feel compelled to post a few great quotes from the original.
-
Agent Smith: We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation in bringing a known terrorist to justice.
Neo: Yeah. Well, that sounds like a pretty good deal. But I think I may have a better one. How about, I give you the finger
[He does]
Neo: and you give me my phone call.
-
Cypher: I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here: Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?
-
Neo: What does that mean?
Cypher: It means buckle your seatbelt, Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is going bye-bye.

What would this world be like without great movie quotes?

JC

Seppo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Seppo
From "As Good as It Gets":
Melvin Udall: "I might be the only person on the face of the earth that knows you're the greatest woman on earth. I might be the only one who appreciates how amazing you are in every single thing that you do, and how you are with Spencer, "Spence," and in every single thought that you have, and how you say what you mean, and how you almost always mean something that's all about being straight and good. I think most people miss that about you, and I watch them, wondering how they can watch you bring their food, and clear their tables and never get that they just met the greatest woman alive. And the fact that I get it makes me feel good, about me."

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I prefer a different quote from AS GOOD AS IT GETS...but my wife doesn't appreciate it as much (all you guys know which one I'm talking about, right?).

Josh.C

Second Unit
Plenty more where that came from guys.
-
Carol: I don't quite get how that's a compliment for me.
Melvin: You make me want to be a better man.
Carol: That's maybe the best compliment of my life.
Melvin: Well maybe I overshot a little, because I was aiming at just enough to keep you from walking out.
-
Receptionist: How do you write women so well?
Melvin: Easy. I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability
-
And my personal favorite.....

Melvin: I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!

JC

Tim Mauldin

Stunt Coordinator
More from Tombstone, one of the most quotable movies ever. These are not word for word, but they're close.

Billy Clanton - "He can't hit anything, in fact he's probably seeing double."
Doc Holliday - After pulling his second pistol. "Now I have two, one for each of ya."

------

Johnny Ringo - "That's not what he said you ignorant wretch. Your Spanish is worse than your English."

------

Curly Bill Brocias - "I'd take the deal and craw-fish, and then drill that old devil in the ass. What would you do Johnny."
Johnny Ringo - "I already did it."

------

Billy Bob Thornton - "For christ-sakes it's like playing cards with my sister's kids or something."

------

Curly Bill Brocias - "I'm the founder of the feast. When you see me comin you best step aside. I ain't kiddin neither."

That's all I can think of right now. Although I know there are many more. I would put the whole "skin that smokewagon" exchange between Wyatt and Billy Bob, but I couldn't remember it all.

Josh.C

Second Unit
Some discussion on the BO thread led me to add some mindless comedy quoters (which are probably some of the funniest movies to quote w/ your buddies). Looking forward to many more after Taladega Nights-The Ballad of Ricky Bobby comes out this weekend:)

Anchor Man
-
Ron Burgundy: I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...
-
[to Baxter]
Ron Burgundy: What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing. How 'bout we get you in your p.j.'s and we hit the hay.
-
Ron Burgundy: I'm in a glass case of emotion.
-
Ron Burgundy: Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.
Veronica Corningstone: No, there's no way that's correct.
Ron Burgundy: I'm sorry, I was trying to impress you. I don't know what it means. I'll be honest, I don't think anyone knows what it means anymore. Scholars maintain that the translation was lost hundreds of years ago.
Veronica Corningstone: Doesn't it mean Saint Diego?
Ron Burgundy: No. No.
Veronica Corningstone: No, that's - that's what it means. Really.
Ron Burgundy: Agree to disagree.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

"My logic is uncertain where my son is concerned." -Sarek of Vulcan

"Don't call me Tiny." -Hikaru Sulu

David Hobbes

Stunt Coordinator
Darth Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing

Ford Fairlane: [Zuzu is hanging from a building] It's alright. If you fall, I'll make it.

Sam Spade: When you're slapped, you'll take it and like it

Sam Spade: I hope they don't hang you, precious, by that sweet neck. Yes, angel, I'm gonna send you over. The chances are you'll get off with life. That means if you're a good girl, you'll be out in 20 years. I'll be waiting for you. If they hang you, I'll always remember you.

Oedipus: [walking around collecting donations] Give to Oedipus! Give to Oedipus! Hey Josephus!
Josephus: Hey, motherf***er!

Leader of Senate: All fellow members of the Roman senate hear me. Shall we continue to build palace after palace for the rich? Or shall we aspire to a more noble purpose and build decent housing for the poor? How does the senate vote?
Entire Senate: F**K THE POOR!

Craig_O

Agent
Mr Mom:
Jack Butler (Michael Keton) "220, 221, whatever it takes."

I still use that line to this day.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
More from Three Amigos!

Spanish lady: "Well, we could take a walk and you can kiss me on the Veranda"
Dusty (Chevy): "lips will be fine" :D

Stupid film but funny as hell and TONS of great quotes. Brings me back to my glory days of college. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks