What's new

All Things Godzilla (1 Viewer)

Jeff Robertson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff Robertson
Yet they're perfectly content with releasing the best possible print transfers in *their* region. If they would simply provide the same high quality in Region 1 with English subtitles, I'd be a happy camper.

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
What "best possible print/transfers" has Toho provided for R2 but not for R1? I'm not sure I'm following you.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I wouldn't say that. Their release of King Kong vs. Godzilla looks looks like it's yellow layer is on its last legs.

Jeff Robertson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff Robertson
That's okay. I don't think too many folks would miss anything with that particular title. Isn't that just a a step above G vs Megalon? I haven't seen that one myself, but the name alone doesn't sit well.

IanD

Stunt Coordinator

Speak for yourself. I think it's a terrific film - in its Japanese version, the US cut is pretty damn rotten. I saw a DVD-R of the Japanese DVD and it wasn't so much the fading of the print that bothered me as the rather obvious digital flaws - edge enhancement and so on. It's getting a reissue next year and it'd be nice if Toho did a better job digitally if nothing else. I imagine we'll never see a US DVD due to legal matters but I'd like to be proved wrong!

Godzilla Vs Megalon is often dispised by fans but if you look at it for what it is, a children's film, it holds up well as entertainment. I don't mean that in a patronising way, just saying not to expect a film aimed at a more mature film going audience. The Australian DVD is 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen with Japanese audio and English subs but the print is rather faded compared to my UK tape - looks like it needs proper colour timing. Be interesting to see a decent US release

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
The words, get stuck in my throat. I've been waiting to hear that song for a while now. War of the Gargantuas and Rodan I've always loved. Did I see correctly in the picture, that's her breast and she's cut opened?

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I'm glad the last 2 will be released in early 2008. I sure as hell wouldn't double dip just to get them.

By the way, do you think this time that "Gijora" will be released progressive instead of interlaced as when it first came out?

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I bought the Sony Wonder (Video) release of Rodan already but I could double dip on the new realease of it. I love Rodan but not too sure about War of the Gargantuas. I had been hoping for a box set of these new releases but I already bought the DVDs , oh well. I do like the price of the set however. I love Godzilla Vs Megalon and hopefully one day I can own it on DVD.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Man, that really sucks. Hey, way to fuck the people who have been supporting the range all this time. Jackasses.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

I agree, though it doen't effect me much since I probably wasn't going to pick up the last 2 G-flicks anyway. I especially couldn't sit through Revenge again, sorry :) and I'm only marginally interested in seeing MechaG again but for those who do want them it's not right to have to wait 3 - 6 months or buy the box set to get 'em.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Well, according to GonDVD.com they have copies of All Monsters Attack and The Terror of Mechagodzilla up for sale. Of course the usual suspects dont mention either of them for sale anywhere else.

Has anyone see these yet? Or is it a Gondvd.com exclusive again?

CULTMAN1

Second Unit
Real Name
Bruce Campbell
the region 2 releases of the HAmmer movies are still by no means certain it will be the summer at the earliest before we see Mothra Camp on Blood Island etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks