What's new

All Things Godzilla (1 Viewer)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Great news - I just sent off a mail requesting a replacement disc. Although in reality the odds of me watching Raids Again anytime soon are pretty small. Still, it's nice that they fixed this pretty quickly - for such a nitch market, too.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Just got an email confirmation that my replacement disc of G Raids Again shipped. Pretty quick turnaround. :emoji_thumbsup:

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Mine was a bit longer in coming - but then, I got my request in a couple of days after yours it sounds like. Very cool, very quick service. Thumbs up all around.

Now - what to do with my extra defective copy. :)

On a side note - does anyone have an idea when the next wave of G films is coming? Aside from the forthcoming releases, I've just managed to fill out my G collection (Just ordered the R3 G84 and G vs Biolante), so I'm eager to get my hands on the few outstanding movies.

(That and I need to get the MST3K volume 10 for the only older G movie not on disc)

Martin S

Stunt Coordinator
Seems a bit of a shame that, in these days of Internet buying, the Classic Media Site don't seem to be selling their Godzilla dvds internationally. So its a bit of a slap in the face to UK Godzilla fans, unless we can find them on Ebay.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

I did shoot them an email last week and got a reply back to check their website for upcoming release anouncements.

So to answer your question, I don't know. :laugh:

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Curses! And of course checking the usual suspects - DVDdrive-in, monster zero, and so on - yeilds no information either. Ah well.

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
I got my replacement DVD today. Haven't had time to check it out tho.

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
Yep, got my disc a couple/three days ago and it looks fine now. Major kudos to Classic Media for addressing the problem and fixing it quickly. Bring on Ghidrah and Monster Zero!

Already having the R2, toho disc of Monster Zero (and with downloaded English subs from tokyomonsters.com), I'm actually more concerned that the English dubbed version (with Nick Adams saying his own dialog) is handled well on Classic Media's upcoming release. Monster Zero just ain't the same without ole' Nick's wild and wooly English dialog intact.

"We're gonna' fight to the last man, baby!!"

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Wow - quick response time, quick turnaround on the remastering - this was a top notch operation from the get go. Mad props to Classic Media all around on this one.

Jeremy_Z

Agent
I am so frustrated with this. I have emailed them now 3 times and haven't even received a response. Anybody know why this could happen?

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Hey folks -

So, anyone heard anything on the Godzilla front lately? The most recient tidbit I heard was over on Wikipedia - and we know how trustworthy THAT information is - was that Ghidorah and Monster Zero was slated for a June, 2007 release. Of course checking my sources for upcoming releases bears no fruit, and the godzilla on dvd.com is frustratingly quiet.

Anyone else hear anything encouraging? I'd at least like to know that it's in the works - I wouldnt mind a wait if we even had a "Yeah, its still coming."

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Here you go Tony.

How bout June 5th. Not offical yet.

Here are the specs.

Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster
Special features
- English subtitles
- Japanese version of film
- Audio commentary by David Kalat
- Image Gallery
- Poster slide show
- Eiji Tsuburaya biography
- Original Japanese trailer
- Anamorphic Widescreen
- Japanese version runtime: 92:58
- English dubbed version runtime: 84:46

Invasion of Astro Monster (aka Monster Zero)
Special features
- English subtitles
- Japanese version of film
- Audio commentary by Stuart Galbraith IV
- Image Gallery
- Poster Slide show
- Tomoyuki Tanaka biography
- Original Japanese trailer
- Anamorphic Widescreen
- Japanese version runtime: 94:13
- English dubbed version runtime: 92:57

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
June 5th - oh so far away. Still, that's sweet. Good to know that they havent been canceled or anything.

I've been working my way through the G catalog over the last month or so, spurred on by the G '84 and G vs Biollante I just got from an R3 exporter. It's a real crime that these movies are all over the map, presentation-wise. I'd love for Classic Media to get the rights to them all and do up a proper release across the board. Hell, I'd double dip for that in a hot second.

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit
...and when the heck are they gonna release the first two to general release? I can't get them as the studio only direct-sells to the USA.

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit
Thanks - about time too!

Now if only they'd do the next volumes of Godzilla Animated (the original one), been nearly a year since that started.

Oh, BTW, what are the r4 releases of G85 and Biollante like?

As has been said it's a crime that the rights to these movies are all over the place. At least the r3's have Engrish, I think, whereas the alternatives (for Biollante) don't - just things like French or Swedish!

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
The R3s of Biollante and G84 aren't all that bad. For the price I paid, they cant be beat, so I'm happy with those.

On the other hand, I weep for the lost opportunity during the swansong of LD. As I remember, Criterion was ramping up to do a perfect collection not too unlike what Classic Media is doing now, but with the whole series (well, up until the end of the Heisei series). I've been watching my collection again this month, and some of the presentation on these discs is downright diabolical!

EricKA

Stunt Coordinator
I would really like to see Classic Media or Anchor Bay release a 2 disc special edition of Godzilla 84 (85) with both the original Japanese version with english subtitles on disc one, and the US edited version with Raymond Burr on disc two. It's about time.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks