What's new

ALL THINGS 'GODZILLA' ON DVD AND BLU-RAY!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Latitude Zero and The Green Slime are also in the running for most Westerners; I think they're Toho, but may have been coproductions intended for the international market in the first place.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
Bob Cashill said:
Latitude Zero and The Green Slime are also in the running for most Westerners; I think they're Toho, but may have been coproductions intended for the international market in the first place.

GREEN SLIME was Toei and LATITUDE ZERO, while a Toho production, is not considered a Toho monster movie (no Godzilla, no Mothra, no Rodan, no Ghidrah, no Baragon, etc.), so, as far as I can determine, MOTHRA remains the Toho monster movie with the most westerners.

In any event, my blog entry on the three Mothra movies is up:

https://briandanacamp.wordpress.com/2015/07/11/more-kaiju-poetry-mothra-in-1961-1992-and-1996/

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Shout Factory streams 24 hours of Godzilla (and friends) on Saturday the 18th!

Here's the lineup (times listed in Eastern)

12:00AM — Ultra Q Episodes
3:45AM — Ultra Seven Episodes
5:00AM — Godzilla, King Of The Monsters (1954)
6:30AM — Ultra Seven Episodes
7:30AM — Rodan (1956)
9:00AM — Ultra Seven Episodes
9:45AM — Godzilla Raids Again (1955)
11:15PM — Ultra Seven Episodes
12:00PM — Godzilla Vs. The Thing (1964)
2:00PM — Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster (1964)
3:30PM — Monster Zero (1965)
5:30PM — Godzilla’s Revenge (1969)
7:00PM — Terror Of Mechagodzilla (1975)
8:45PM — Godzilla, The Uncut Japanese Original (1954)
10:30PM — Godzilla’s Revenge (1969)
12:00AM — Terror Of Mechagodzilla (1975)
1:45AM — Godzilla, The Uncut Japanese Original (1954)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I've never seen any Ultra Q before, but I'm seriously digging the Twilight Zone vibe! This might be going on my "Get it soon!" list. . . .

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Where's "Godzilla 1985" with Raymond Burr on dvd?

Thirty years ago on this day this movie began thundering through theatres (shall always remember the movie's tagline -- "There Goes The Neighbourhood") and am sure many who saw it at the time (including me) would like to see it again as the vhs tape version is decades out of print.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I still have the Laserdisc of this film. The American Version only was supposed to be released on DVD around 2001-2002 by either Image or Anchor Bay. I forgot which one. They made it clear that they could only release the US version because there were no rights from Toho for the Japanese version in the US. But many on this forum and other forums claimed they would not buy it unless it also included the Japanese version so Anchor Bay/Image listened and cancelled the release and we have still never got any version in the US. So a lesson in be careful what you wish for. Supposedly this is changing soon but I have not seen any confirmation.

Brian McP said:
Where's "Godzilla 1985" with Raymond Burr on dvd?

Thirty years ago on this day this movie began thundering through theatres (shall always remember the movie's tagline -- "There Goes The Neighbourhood") and am sure many who saw it at the time (including me) would like to see it again as the vhs tape version is decades out of print.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, just found some other sources - Scream Factory is not doing it and August Ragone says it's fake:

That's up to Toho, who aren't letting the current and legal rights owners issue it. They're waiting for the rights to revert back to them, and then it will be "to the highest bidder" – plus, Toho won't have access to the master elements (and I rather doubt that they care).

and

Two more years until the contract expires, I've been told.

Ah well, sorry for getting everyone's hopes up!

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I was told from Keith Aiken the earliest can be dangled by Toho is this year, but in reality it could be a couple of more years

It will happen for real one day ..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks