1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

All That Jazz?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Mikel_Cooperman, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Anyone know what happend to this.
    I thought it was suppose to be released last year.

2. Joel Vardy

Joel Vardy Supporting Actor

It clearly has been delayed -- some speculate to coincide with the upcoming August Chicago release. I am also puzzled at the apparent delay for a title that should be fairly eagerly anticipated from what I can tell [​IMG] .

Joel

3. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

It is the R1 release that has been delayed by Fox. It has been available for a long time in R2 & R4. I purchased the R2 version last August. Yes the apparent reasoning for the present lack of a release date is that is was to be joined at the hip to "Chicago" in terms of a release date. Now that "Chicago" has a release date, when will "All That Jazz" R1 appear? The fact that Fox has still not announced a release date for this film in R1 is getting to be very funny![​IMG] Meanwhile I just sit back & smile while I enjoy my R2 version. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    I don't buy R2 titles because I don't have a player, and the 4% speed-up is especially bad for musicals.

Where's the R1 All That Jazz?

5. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

6. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    The songs are usually one semitone higher than they should be. I was in Switzerland last year; I caught the end of My Fair Lady (in widescreen, and dubbed in Italian), and noticed this.

7. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

As I said above, "golden ears". Since mine aren't that sensitive I'll keep on buying PAL DVDs.