What's new

All Infocus X1 technical issues (merged thread) (1 Viewer)

NathanFlo

Auditioning
The connector panel features a single VGA port through which you may feed either computer SVGA or XGA signals, as well as HDTV 1080i, 720p, and component 480p. There is a special seven-pin S-video port that is a bit different than you find on most projectors. You can use it as a regular S-video input, but it can also be used as a component video (480i) input as well by using a special cable adaptor that comes with the unit. It is not particularly clear in the manual, but the S-video/component port does not recognize component 480p, and conversely, the VGA port does not recognize component 480i. So you need to make sure to feed these signals into the appropriate ports
This is what confuses me. What is the difference between Component 480p, and Component 480i?

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
The component video is only for a non progressive scan dvd player (480i). A progressive scan (480p) needs to be hooked up through the vga connector with a special component to VGA cable. The same is true with HDTV. So to give a simple answer, no, there is no HDTV or Progressive scan component input on the X1. You must use the VGA connection. Don't worry, I had to ask the same question.

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
brightness uniformity problems
Mike,
I took a look at the lamp cage for the X1.
Could it possible be that you have some debris near the small lens at the end of this cage? Or this is out of shape?
This seems the most likely spot that this problem could arise. I have not notice this problem on the X1 I have had now for just a few days & limited time to play with it.
The area i'm speaking about is the little magnify lens
that directs & concentrates the light beam to the DMD.
It almost looks that this is made to be the same diameter as the surface area of the mirrored DMD.
You may want to carefully pull the lamp cage out to take a peak. It's only two small slotted screws that needed to be turned. Just an idea.
-Jerry

BobJ

Stunt Coordinator
I found that you get used to the projector somehow and the rainbows (which don't really distract me) diminish the more you use it
This depends on how sensitive you are. I spent quite a bit of time with the X1 and the rainbow situation did not improve with time.

Hi Guys, This is Matt again. After fiddling around with the X1 for a couple of days I still couldn't reduce the rainbows. I decided to quit whining and shoot for the Sanyo Z1. Well My Z1 is now here and guess what... I'm not all that impressed with it. I've only been messing with it for a couple of hours but as of this writing, I honestly like the X1's picture better. I guess I now know I'm a DLP guy over LCD. Now If they can just get one with a faster color wheel of under 1500 I'll be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread