What's new

All in the Family S6 - Will Sony pull a Fox? (1 Viewer)

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
I've been collecting the incredible All in the Family [in of my all time top 10 sitcoms] and now TVShowsOnDVD.com report that Season 6 will be coming out in the early new year. All in the Family season sets are bare bone - no extras, commentaries, etc. Just wondering if Sony will pull the same stunt that Fox did with MASH and release a Complete Series of All in the Family with loads of extras at a very low price. Fox gave me a bad taste in my mouth re. MASH and has indelibly made me weary of season sets without any extras. Does anyone feel the same way?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Sony never does much about extras in the first place, so I'd say no. Plus they haven't released complete boxed sets of series that they've managed to finish, like Sanford and Son.

Sony seems to have an incredibly long sell-through schedule, taking at least a year for one season set to sell before introducing another. Where's Party of 5? Where's Green Acres? Only Sony knows for sure.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
They took quite a while in releasing Starsky and Hutch season 4... And where's Cagney and Lacey?!?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Cagney and Lacey was produced by Orion, which was acquired by MGM, thus now at Fox along with Green Acres.

StacyV

Second Unit

In terms of extras, I don't know if any were added, but Sony did release a complete collection of Tour of Duty

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I think the chances of Sony releasing a complete series set with more extras is very, very slim. The sets are coming out once a year because sales aren't strong; there wouldn't be a market for a complete series set.

There weren't any extras for Tour of Duty (which had 3 seasons released in 13 months).

Gord

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Just be happy that the next season has been released and don't worry about down the road.

Paul

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
After this there are still 2 more Mike & Gloria seasons to go at which point I will stop collecting this series. The last season with Danielle is of little interest to me. It plays out like a season-long pilot for Archie Bunker's Place.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

That is exactly what I am doing also. This gives me hope that Season 7 WILL indeed be released. It has one of my favorite Carroll O'Conner performances in "Archie and the Draft Dodger."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks