1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

All in the Family pricing?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ric Easton, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Well-Known Member

Season 1: 13 episodes 39.95
    Season 2: 24 episodes 29.95

Why is the first season so much more expensive? It has almost half the number of episodes and costs more!

I have been waiting for the price on this to drop forever. Best Buy had them for somewhere around 32 (1st season) and 24 (2nd season) dollars. I now have season 2 but was still waiting on season one... Instead BB now has bumped up season one back to the MSP of 39.95... D'OH!

Ric

2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Well-Known Member

Malcolm
    S1 is only $29.98 w/free shipping at DeepDiscountDVD.com.

3. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Well-Known Member

You know I've got to give this to Columbia, the price points on there sets are getting to be really good, 29 bucks for a 3 discs set that's a pretty good deal if you ask me. Especially since some studios used to and some still do charge that much for 2 disc DVD movies. Hell forget 2 disc movies I paid more for Apollo 13 on DVD than I did for the most recent season of Sanford and Son I bought.

4. BrianP

BrianP Well-Known Member

I agree the first season is priced too high. I ordered the first season when it first was released on DVD for around $16 from DVDEmpire. It was mispriced but they honored the price for anyone that preordered it. Otherwise I don't think I would have purchased it at its current price.

5. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Well-Known Member

I think that the TV boxed set prices depend on many factors: The first two seasons of Friends were $59.99 at Target, then they dropped the price after S4 was released...now they are $29.99. That gives me hope for some of the sets I won't buy because of the cost: Sopranos, Six Feet Under and Queer As Folk.

6. James L White

James L White Well-Known Member

I'm more concerned about the rediculous time between seasons [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. David Lambert

David Lambert Well-Known Member

AitF-S1 was, along with Larry Sanders Show - S1, the first two season sets Columbia ever released. The prices were higher for those then on subsequent releases.

I'll shoot Columbia a note pointing out the AitF S1/S2 price inequity...it's a valid point.

8. ScottR

ScottR Well-Known Member

At this rate, I don't know if I'll still be around to collect all of all in the family.