What's new

Aliens and Ghosts.. (1 Viewer)

TimDoss

Second Unit
Mary, Mary, Mary..... what mixed feelings you give me......
I would like to say, that, oh yes, you could most definitely touch me....
but then I see you want to cut and paste me and stuff me in a folder.
Let me just slink back to non-existance again..... so much safer there......
in my happy place, where no one wants to slice me up and file me away.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Careful Tim...So doing may invalidate any existance you previously had and therefore you will never have existed.

Would Tim's posts disappear from HTF if that happens?

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
If there were aliens who have visited here and continue to visit us, why do you think that would be? Pure curiousity or because...

TimDoss

Second Unit
But if I never existed in the first place then I wouldn't have been here to invalidate my
existance, so I would exist again... but then I would be here to invalidate it, so I wouldn't exist again, so I would be back..... oh hell, I've gone cross eyed.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
What about Alien Ghosts? ;)

but seriously folks, my friends and I used to mess with Ouija boards quite a bit back in the day and all I can say is, I can't logically explain what went on or prove anything but my advice is to stay away from those things...
Some terrifying stuff happened.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
When I was in high school, there was this HUGE thing with people using Ouiji boards during Senior break. A lot of people got so freaked out that our teachers had to have talks with the class.

One teacher put it perfectly: "If there really was something evil about a Ouji board, would Paker Brothers be mass producing them???" ;)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I agree it sounds daft but Parker Brothers just stole the design (or something like that patent-wise ) from William Fuld. They have been around in various forms for hundreds of years. You can make your own homemeade baord so I don't think it's really a Parker Brothers thing. The scientifc theory of the planchette moving is unconsious thought inadvertently making the user's hands move the planchette. I have seen that thing move on it's own when the energy level got high enough in a session and we even had external phenomena like doors moving, electric things happen.
Just like alot of parapsychcologists believe that a poltergeist is not supernatural, just energy from an often adolescent girl physically manifesting itself. It's all odd but can be really spooky.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Captain Howdy!! :D

Coolest thing to do is make your own. Use an upside down wine glass. Rememeber the classic Python sketch? "What a rude Ouiji board!"

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Seriously, yes. Not because of Paris Hilton, but because it may be natural that life seeks out other life.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Penn and Teller debunked Ouija boards with a very simple experiment. They got ahold of 3 Wicca/Goth/Cure fan types who manufactured a super duper "we cast a spell on this one" Ouija board and were charging some astronomical amount for it. They set them up with the board and blindfolded them. Before they put their hands on the planchette, they turned the board upside down. Sure enough, the participants moved the planchette to the areas where the expected answers would have been had the board been right side up. No muss, no fuss and the board was debunked. Gotta love Penn and Teller. :laugh:

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Sorry, just as the odds are against us being alone, the odds are against us being visited, never mind being visited in the dead of night and them taking nothing but cattle innards and performing anal probes on trailer park residents.

Ask youself, if you were flying in for a visit, would you land in the barren deserts of New Mexico or head to the really big conglomerations of lights like New York or LA? Me I'd be partying in the big cities; I'm not landing in a corn field, stomping out some silly shapes and then leaving. ;)

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
With regard to the question of why aliens would visit us, put the shoe on the other foot. If we were to discover two extra-solar, habitable planets, one known to be barren, and the other known to emit modulated radio waves that seems to be encoded with bowling and fishing television programs, which planet do you think we'd visit first?

Right. The barren one. But if the other planet had any indications of intelligent life, we'd definitely go there first.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I would have liked to have seen Penn and teller at my friend Matt's house when the planchette in front of all of us, moved on it's own with nobody touching it.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

I've been to a few of those parties too. Matter of fact, after one in which we all ate my buddy's "special mushroom pizza", I saw stars falling out of the sky and into my lap and the flowers on the wallpaper in his basement were singing. Never saw a planchette move on it's own, but I imagine one could have gotten up and done the Cha Cha and it would not surprise me that night. ;)

Saw the Amazing Randi debunk a "mass hysteria" type illusion once also. One of the many "paranormal" types was on the Howard Stern Show, doing a "sit at this table and make it levitate" stunt with a bunch of volunteers. Randi showed that each person had a knee raised under the table lifting it up, but they all denied it and said the table moved by itself.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
But if you hadn't been using a Ouija Board at the time (and created an unsettling atmosphere because of everyone's heightened awareness of things around them), wouldn't you have likely attributed the moving door to a gust of wind or some other mundane reason?

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
We had some VERY weird phenomena occur. I can't explain excatly what happened. I don't think it was because of the atmosphere created. We didn't have candles going or spooky music playing. Whether it was all created by energy from the participants manifesting, who knows. We also had a girl named Meilssa (who had actually been studied as a teen in a university for "problems" that she was having at home in a vaguely telekinetic way) use the board with us and she had some pretty serious and scary epsiodes during and after. Whether it was "all in her head", I don't know.
My whole point was that we had many, may, many very strange experiences when using a board with many, many different people. When someone did it with one of us for the first time, (who was usually VERY skeptical) they would invariably say after the planchette started moving, "You're pushing it!"
I would then wait a bit and remove my hands quickly from the plachette and it would keep moving much to their amazement and I would say,
"Still think I'M moving it..?"
Once again, I am not saying this is definite proof of ghosts or supernatural goings on. All I know is what we experienced. This wasn't a group of drunk teens at a party. We were all in our 20's, did not drink or do drugs when doing this and we got really into it after awhile. We were not the typical "goth" crowd either. I like "The Crow" but don't dye my hair black and wear makeup.
People can believe whatever they wish. I would think that if people are participating in this thread they are at least curious and interested in maybe the "possibility" of strange phenomena.
I am not lying or exaggerating. I am conveying honestly what our experiences were. If you think I'm way off, fine. But please don't be condesending to me as it is not appreciated.

d

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Not just that though...As I mentioned, I've tried the Ouija board and it WAS an interesting experience. I can easily see why it would freak someone out. My interest is typically in understanding why/how these things occur. Whether it be through actual scientific studies, simple tests (like the Penn and Teller one) or just by various suggestions.

Could paranormal forces have done those things at your session? It's possible. However, I think it's more "likely" that there are more reasonable, boring and everyday (though hard to prove) reasons for why they happened. I think that using paranormal forces (something that can't be well-defined or really even tested) as an explanation closes the door on understanding the real variety of reasons why odd things occur.

I don't doubt that you experienced those things. But there's an awful lot of possible reasons why they happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks