1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Alien 5? ...and Alien 6 as well?? Fun rumors!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Scott Weinberg, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Well-Known Member

This comes from the Zap2It movie site:

So if they have these plotlines...who wrote the treatments? I need more information!!!

2. Kristoffer

Kristoffer Well-Known Member

interesting...I will wait till I hear more before I believe it.

3. Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins Well-Known Member

I like the Cameron/Scott concept of a prequel to the first Alien better.

The treatment Scott quoted from sounds like the same old, tired Ripley storyline.

4. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

5. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Well-Known Member

Malcolm

Checking the box office of the past two films, I'm not sure the superlative "ultra" is applicable.

6. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Well-Known Member

Chris

7. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Well-Known Member

There have been rumors about these movies for a long time I just wish they would come to fruition.
    I ve heard rumors that Cameron may produce and write but not direct. Ive even heard that Ridley scott may be involved.
    I think its a great idea IF they do it right.

Id start first by getting Hicks and Newt back. They never should have killed them.

8. Andy Olivera

Andy Olivera Well-Known Member

The problem is that people assume the Space Jockey, or his species, were using the aliens as weapons like the Company had plans to do. It's a logical assumption, though incorrect...

9. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Well-Known Member

Could alien 4 possibly been any worse?

10. DavidAC

DavidAC Well-Known Member

I was salivating at the the idea of Scott/Cameron team up for an Alien movie, is that still just a rumor or is it looking like it might happen? I think a prequel would be cool, other than that I don't know.

11. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Well-Known Member

Rex Bachmann

12. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Well-Known Member

Malcolm

It's been quite a while since I've seen the film, but at this point aren't the aliens in the "prison chamber" hybrids that have incorporated human DNA and, therefore, are more intelligent than the generic aliens from the prior movies? At least that's sort of what I remember.

13. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann
    Malcolm R wrote (post #12):

14. Jim Peavy

Jim Peavy Well-Known Member

Me too. S. Weaver has said she wouldn't want to have anything to do with this concept, and I say that'd be fine with me. I don't think she's nearly as intergral to the franchise as she's been made out to be.

15. Rives Elmore

Rives Elmore Well-Known Member

16. Andy Olivera

Andy Olivera Well-Known Member

In the 1st & 3rd films there was only one alien, and in both they displayed more than just highly evolved instinct. Example: recognition of the trap in Alien 3. In the 2nd & 4th there were many. In the 2nd, they acted together, implying the queen to be the central intelligence(example: the hostage situation; coordinated attacks; the trap in AR). However, they also displayed the ability to act independently within a group when the queen isn't present(the escape in AR).

I wouldn't go so far as to say the intelligence dependent on the initial host, though. Despite the different hosts in the 1st & 3rd, though the creature moved and looked differently, it behaved the same.

This is an aspect I haven't considered before, so I'll definitely give it more thought...

17. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann
    Malcolm R wrote (post #12):

18. Kristoffer

Kristoffer Well-Known Member

Ok if avp goes well let's hope Fox makes Alien 5 and 6!
    A cool idea would be( I think.) ; In the fifth the space jokcies invade the earth and of course using their biological weapon the Alien! This would end in a cliffhanger and then be ended in the sixth with Ripley going to the Alien homeworld to kill them all! And then finally die herself at the end ( and no there wouldn't be any dna left since she get's pulverized[​IMG] )
    Then Ridley scott could direct the first and James cameron the second, or the other way around and produce for each other. what do you think of that idea?

19. Robert Anthony

Robert Anthony Well-Known Member

I know this is just an old thread brought to life, so what I'm about to say is probably old news, but James Cameron and Ridley Scott will not touch another Alien movie now that Alien vs Predator is being made.

Cameron went to Fox and told them he would produce and write Alien 5, and he and Ridley had been talking, so the move was that Cameron writing and Producing, Scott directing, and there you go. There was one condition.

They COULD NOT make Alien vs Predator first. If they did that, Cameron would walk and they could forget it.

Fox, looking at the wildly overheated negative opinions of Alien 3, and the poor box office take of both Alien 3 and Resurrection, figured they might as well just do the Alien vs Predator thing since the "Franchise" probably wouldn't last the 2 films anyway, Scott and Cameron or no.

So they handed the reins to Anderson and we're getting what we're getting: Predator 3 and Alien 0, The Prequel, all in one.

So Anderson better pull an unadulterated miracle out of his butt on this one, because not only does it have to live up to "AvsP" fanboys expectations, but it's got to justify fox's decision to forgo Cameron and Scott's re-involvement with the series.

Good luck.

20. Keith Gereghty

Why would the "Space Jockey's" attack Earth? In the original "Alien"
    the Nostromo went to the planet because of what they thought was a distress signal, but the crew later discovered the signal was a warning to stay away from the planet.
    I would think that action would come from a friendly race telling other sentients to stay away.
    Also, has it ever been determined just how the "Space Jockey", his ship, and the "Aliens" interconnect in the mythos? I remember buying a book about the movie in 1979 and in it it showed H.R.Geiger had made drawings of a pyramid and "glyphs" showing the alien lifecycle, but that part was removed from the script. So, in that respect the "Alien" did have a society in that version of the script.
    And lastly, has it ever been explained how the "Predator's" evolved their society and technology. They seem to only hunt so how did they get so tech. advanced? Is there a caste or something like that?
    Thoughts, please. Thanks