What's new

Alias Season Five/Complete Series Sets (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Damn, that's bad news. I just checked DDD, and they have it for $24 more than the Amazon price. VideoUniverse has it for $141, though there you have to pay for shipping.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
It's just as well. I watch this show enough on DVD, and the new packaging, while cool, also looks more likely to fall apart in the future.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Hey Greg, funny I just read your post and began FINALLY starting Season 4 last night! :) It was rather late but watched the first 2 episodes. One thing I noticed, not sure if the image quality is as good as I remembered from the 3 previous dvds? Of course I'm watching this season on a 20 inch pc monitor :frowning: ...I think these LCD's run a little "hot" if you will anyway.

The image is not bad, and perhaps the look of the first 2 eps was what the director wanted.

Yeah, I LOVED season 1 & 2. Nearly loved Season 3, but liked it very much. Hard to top those first 2 seasons though.

The only hurdle I'm having now is seeing Sloan as their boss! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. But if Sydney can live with it, so can I :D

Obviously since I own the first 4 seasons individually I'll be buying Season 5 that way too.

MattGSmith

Stunt Coordinator

Bestbuy has it listed for $219. Way way higher than Amazon. I say anyone wanting to get it, pre order it since there's only 40k being produced. I never pre order, but figured I had better in this case...

Matt

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Tim, it's a real rollercoaster ride with that character from now until the end. Interesting stuff.

I saw the Best Buy price last night and am afraid I missed out on the best deal that Amazon had. I e-mailed them last night to find out what the deal was, but they weren't much help. They said, "We did a search for your item and don't find it in our system. We don't carry everything, etc. etc." I realize not every customer service rep knows or cares about an Alias box set, but I knew they didn't have it currently from my own search! I had hoped they had information on why they had it before but not now.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
TVShows has a press release about the complete set:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6239

Strange that Michael Vartan is listed almost as an afterthought, but I guess the release is written in conjunction with the season five press release. Gord also suggests that the Amazon listing might have been erroneously deleted, and it could be back. I hope that's the case. It would actually be brilliant on their part, because I was planning to just wait for Best Buy until the thought of losing out prodded me to try for a preorder. If Amazon comes back, I'll jump on it. I hope the price isn't raised (probably).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't know, but if someone can address that, do you remember if the price stayed the same when it came back?

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
People that have the Alias set pre-ordered with amazon are good. Amazon removed it from the site as they sold all the copies they plan to have as of now. I imagine if some people cancel their pre-orders or they manage to get more that we will see it re-appear probably very briefly though. Looks like all the other major websites still have it for order though. DDD, DVDEmpire etc....

The Buffy set after being OOP is available for pre-order again. So much for being a limited edition. I think i read they doubled the LE numbers this time around because it sold so well. That just isn't right!! Not that it matter's much to me since i am not a Buffy fan. But geez.. Don't call it a numbered LE Set to begin with if it really is not going to be.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit

The R1 Buffy set although supposedly limited was not numbered (my copy from Amazon last year was not). Therefore I guess Fox can produce any number they like especially as I don't think they officially announced the number it was limited to.

Same with R2 UK Buffy the 1st complete set in 2004 was numbered with an edition limit of 20,000. They then reissued in 2005 again numbered but I think a much higher edition limit 100,000 or so.

Luckily I got Alias pre-ordered from Amazon a week or so ago.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I went ahead and pre-ordered with Video Universe. They're only $1.52 more than the Amazon price, the catch being that you have to pay shipping with them. At least this way, I'm sure I won't get left out altogether, and I can always cancel if the Amazon price comes back around.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Well after finishing Season 4 the other night....I went ahead and pre-ordered season 5. But early today, did some surfing and really do want the box set. I do own seasons 1-4 though but will sell these. Alias has been my favorite TV show of all time and that Box is just way cool. I must own this.

Pre-ordered thru amazon and delivered in 2days price is $139.99. Not bad.

Can't wait to see what happens in Season 5.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Well since that last post...I've bought quite a few HD-DVDs and have more on the way
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
...so I decided that since I already own Seasons 1-4 that I would just buy the Season 5 package. Only $27 shipped thru Amazon. Hate to spend $140 for the big box. I'd rather wait and re-buy all these in High-Def.

Also, got an email today....Alias Season 5 will be here tomorrow! :) I thought I had free 2 day shipping but they sent it next day at no charge. :crazy: :emoji_thumbsup:

Can't wait since the cliffhanger for Season 4 was a doozy.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I probably will wish I had waited for HD, but since I don't have an HD player right now, I'll keep my order in.

Edit: Especially since it shipped today! I didn't notice it in my e-mail earlier.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Got Season 5 in last week and have already watched Disc 1. Was very shocked to see Vaughn get killed. I kept thinking is he really dead???? Wow. Blew me away.

So far the show is pretty good. Season 5 certainly has a weird feel to it though. Maybe it's knowing this is it....just feels a bit flat for me right now. Still got plenty more to watch though. One other thing, this set is REALLY small compared to the others. Wow...really thin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks