What's new

Alias Season 5 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
IIRC, Abrams produced 3 pilots for ABC. They passed on two (including Grunberg's bounty hunter show - The Catch and caper drama - Pros and Cons), but picked up the 30-something, single guy oriented - What About Brian? as a potential mid-season replacement.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, Grunberg's going to have to get some face time on the Barry Watson show. He's also in Abrams's Mission: Impossible 3, though I don't know how much of a part it is.

Paul Seyfarth

Stunt Coordinator
I actually liked the episode, and am looking forward to next week. I am glad they are adding some new cast members, I think it's something the show really needed. Part of the fun in the first couple seasons was learing about everyone on the show. But once you did, there really wasn't too much else there. So adding in a couple people who you don't know and have no idea how they are going to react will give some interesting changes to the show.

Plus the people they got rid of I don't think I am going to miss much. Actually to be honest I am glad they are gone.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
It remains to be seen if Grunberg can play anything other than his usual Bafoon role. His part on Alias was almost exactly like his part on Felicity and I didnt buy for a second that he was running around with a gun playing a Spy.
He's not exactly a Leading Man type; more the sidekick, so we'll see if he branches out.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yay! Amy got to be in the first scene! Obviously I don't care that she's a bad person :)

I thought it was a good ep, though the return of the SD6 con was a tad overfamiliar. I guess there's no avoiding it given that Sydney is taking Rachel under her wing - I'm sure we'll see the return of some past themes. But tonight's pacing and tension was like the Alias of old. Nice detail with Rachel being barefoot after the explosion.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I liked it but I'm still apprehensive about the direction the show is taking. It's just missing a dynamic. No Vaughn. No Weiss. No Rambaldi. Not even Nadia who I really liked last season. We also need Sark back. :)

Well, it was nice to see Acker in tonight's episode. Hope she'll be around much longer.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Sloane subplot seemed to just fill up time.

I guess we can take Rachel Gibson's "history" at face value, a redux of Sydney's intro to SD-6. Rachel has to be pretty tall because she dwarfed Amy Acker, who's around 5'8". It was nice to see Amy Acker again, they gave her a pretty ruthless operative role too.

This whole master-padawan learner direction, it could be good, it could go bad. But I'll stick with it, plus Rachel is pretty easy on the eyes.

Sydney looks like she's at least 6 months pregnant in this episode.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
I was happy with 'the shed'. I watched 'The Inside' and I feared that Rachel Nichols was a one note actress but I can see that she can play more than just 'Cold' like in 'the inside'. I like Balthazar Getty's character and like Marshall in the field. This could work. I hope this isn't Jennifer Garners last season or the shows last season. I think this is a quality show that needs some direction. We'll see what happens.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Can someone tell me what happened in the last few minutes after when they were in the staircase and the new guy said new girl was going to be ok? I doubt much happened, just want to be sure...

Thanks.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That was it, the credits and previews came on after Grace finds Rachel.

What's scary is that Rachel has the potential to be a combination of Sydney's strengths (attractive female) and Marshall's strengths (hacking ability, etc).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

I second that. The character is sort of the usual badass good guy who does things his way BUT the character is pretty cool and Getty is doing a good job so far. I want to see him and Jack on a mission together. :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was kind of skeptical about him in the previous episode but he seemed pretty cool last night. I'm still curious why he was allowing himself to get pasted in the bar. I'm sure he could have taken that guy. I'm sure he has some self-destructive qualities the show can mine. And they pretty much established the romantic tension to come b/w him and Rachel with the whole "not my type" moment.

I do like the fact Rachel is not a field agent - it would be a little too much to have her be an ass kicker too and Marshall needs a buddy :). Last night I kept expecting it to turn out she was playing them.

Craig J. Koban

Stunt Coordinator
Overall...the newer shows are getting a bit leaner and meaner...and I for one liked the new characters, especially the one Sydney seems to be taking under her wing. And yeah...where the hell is Nadia...will she ever make an appearance? They set her up to be such an important person on the show, now they've kind of given up on her. I miss the sis+sis missions. Plus...dang sexy to boot! LOL

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I felt this episode was a bit better too but couldnt they have come up with something better than another Black Ops? How many of those exactly are there?
I liked the new field agents. I remember seeing Balthazar Getty in movies when he was a kid. He grew up.
I think I read that Nadia will be back for a few episodes. I think she wasnt asked back.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
10/20/05

The XX hour backtrack was a tad familiar.

Had a brief glimpse of Amy Acker's bitch potential tonight. :)

Damn foghorns, but thank God for trunk access from the passenger cabin and moon roofs (or was it just the windshield?).

The protocol question scene was actually pretty tense. I felt bad for Dixon, sitting there, waiting for the answers. I'm sure the questions and responses have some signficance for the season.

To be honest I'm ready for Sloane to leave the show. I'm getting tired of wondering "is he or isn't he?"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/20/05

This episode harkened back to the fun days of Alias, lots of spy-vs-spy action, and slowly shifts the emphasis from Sydney to Rachel, and providing her with the foundation for her determination to stay alive and to learn new skills to stay alive and to bring Dean and his operation to justice.

Sloane appears to have made a deal with the devil to get off scot-free. Jack looked surprised and things have to get even more treacherous for many people. Hmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks