What's new

Alias Season 5 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Craig J. Koban

Stunt Coordinator
Episode 5.2

Not as bad as the premiere episode, but that's not saying much.

I would say that the story led us into some interesting directions, and the final shot was the closet thing to a really good cliffhanger style ending of the first 2 seasons that we've had in awhile from this show (outside of the cliffhanger from the end of season 4, of course). Yet, Weiss' exit seems pretty quick...and I'd like to know how Sydney did not get whisked out of the plance at the end (that plane is also tough and is able to take a hellova lot of gun shots without rupturing the hull). Marshall was classic in this episode too...

All in all...good episode...not great...but holds some modest promise for the season to come.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Last week we got Rachel Nichols' face; this week her chest.

I admit I'm a little weary of all the talk about Vaughn. I'm ready to move on.

The cast got face time on the intro again.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

From the brief side glimpse, it sort of looked like Sloane's mentor, Conrad (David Carradine). But I have itchy cool vibe in my head that it could be... Milo Rambaldi?!

Alias seems to be back on track. This episode hit all the marks except for the total influx of new cast members at the expense of the old.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I also thought last night's episode was a return to form, although I did roll my eyes with the Stealth Bomber cameo.

I find that I'm not all that tied to Weiss (who really needs to be sitting behind a desk after the so-so fighting acumen on display in this episode), and I don't have any desire to see SpyMommy soon, and Nadia is pretty much done as well (especially with Weiss gone to D.C.).

I'm looking forward to what Tom will bring (glass jaw and all), and just looking forward to Rachel in general. :) Renee is a badass through and through.

I can't see Sydney in too many tactical situations, and will have to become more covert and strategic in her hunt for the bad guys that did in Vaughn. It was weird to not see Vartan in the new opening credits.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Much better than the first episode, almost felt like the Alias of old.

What's up with the flashing lights on the wings of a stealth bomber?

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
I read that "Vaughn" is supposed to join the cast of Kitchen Confidential.
Could he be gone because JG new husband didn't like her working with the guy she was doing before him.
Speaking of that, what is with her. She meets her co-star on Felicity and marries him. She meets her co-star on Alias, gets rid of her husband and has an affair with him. She meet her co-star on Daredevil, dumps her boyfriend from Alias and marries him. Seems like she could use some counseling.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Lead actors often don't have a whole lot of time to meet people outside of work and you get close to folks whom you spend twelve hours a day with?

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I don't much care what she does when she leaves the set, but I'm pretty sure she didn't dump Vartan for Affleck.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I'm done with the show. Last nights episode could not keep my attention at all and frankly I am just not interested any more.

I do hope the rest of you enjoy it and have great discussions about it.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
They pulled the same stunt on Executive Decision, but that time with the Stealth Fighter (which is not really a fighter). A couple months back, they showed that movie about forty times in a week on TNT.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

Actually, it's the first time that the rest of the cast got face time. Nice to see it! Course a little too late for Vartan and a few others.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I was wondering if they were going to really imitate it and kill off someone (Weiss being the obvious choice, since Grunberg is leaving).

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Another so so episode. I will watch it next week because Amy Acker is on it but this show seems done and over.
I wont miss Weiss. Why Grunberg left I dont know. The only parts he seems to get are from his friend J.J.
I'm guessing the hand that moved at the end was Vaughns since J.J recently mentioned in an interview that he did not lie about Michael Vartan leaving the show permanantly and that it wasnt over till the fat lady sings.
He'll be back which will ruin the impact of his death and just make it another Alias back from the dead storyline.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I have been clamoring for Vaughn's death since day one (even started a thread on the topic). I've only watched S1 and S2 and will leave it at that, but glad to see him gone :emoji_thumbsup:.

--
H

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Boy, I hope that is not the case. What about all of the internal injuries that Vaughn suffered? Isn't that what caused his death in the first place? Just keeping him frozen him will not fix anything.

I hate to say it but this show is officially TOAST!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I didn't realize that ABC eventually passed on the project. I thought it was up for a mid-season replacement. Who knows, maybe Grunberg will be "Special Guest Starring" for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks