What's new

Alias Season 5 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I thought of that, too, Patrick. It is very much like what Jack did to Sloane a few years back. Personally, I hope they don't resort to the same gag again...

For two seasons now, this show has been just treading water with no meaningful direction. It has gone from 'appointment television' to 'disappointment tv' in my house.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Vaughn explained earlier in the episode that his father (Dr. Michaud) and the father of Renee Rien (the woman at the bar) were involved in the top secret Prophet Five project and that the government started killing all involved after they decoded the manuscript. Dr. Michaud changed his name to Bill Vaughn who joined the CIA etc and the Riens went in to hiding. Vaughn caught up with Renee about 2 years ago to figure out the Prophet Five project along with this other scientist (Rien Sr.?) who was killed when Vaughn was shot. Renee is supposed to be an assassin for hire (aka The Corbeau - french for 'crow') who is wanted by the U.S. government among others.

Syd tracked down Renee because she is the only living person who can explain the project to her and help her to retrieve the decoded manuscript.

Robert James Clark

Second Unit

Actually the second half of last season not only did not tread water, it resolved so many long standing mysteries so completely that they could have ended the show right there...

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I just watched it. What a turd of an episode. I almost felt like I was watching a Mad TV spoof of Alias.
What a lame way to kill Vaughn and it will be even lamer if it was all a trick and he comes back.

I forgot why was Sloan in prison?

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
terrible..

Dropping this show -- They keep pulling these secret organizations and manuscripts out of their asses. Seriously, how many of htem are there?

I'll tune in for the series finale(hopefully) in May.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Perhaps they should have.

Robert, I am a HUGE fan of Alias. I have the first 3 seasons on DVD (and will pick up the fourth on release day,) every issue of the Alias magazine, the Alias book (with DVD), etc., and I think that the first two seasons of this show is some of the very best television ever produced for network tv. That said, as JJ found himself with less and less time to devote to the program, the overall quality suffered... big time! Personally, I found the whole Rambaldi 'wrap-up' to be uninspired and less than satisfying. I greatly enjoyed the return of Irina, but the rest of this was pedestrian by Alias standards.

I understand that this is a totally subjective thing, but no one will convince me that season 4 of Alias is remotely in the same league as either of the first two seasons. Heck, if it wasn't for wrapping up the Rambaldi storyline in the final 3 episodes, you could skip season 4 entirely and still follow the Alias mythos without missing a beat. Some of those stand-alone episodes were simply brutal, IMO.

As always, YMMV, and not to be argumentative, but I stand by my earlier remark.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for clarifying the Renee character and backstory David. I guess I couldn't keep up with all the info Vaughn was telling Syd.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Didn't he betray the CIA, team up with Irina's sister, and try to turn the world into zombies last season?

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator

This show has had so many twists and turns I didn't realize Rambaldi had been wrapped up. I was thinking that Vaughn was going to be Milo Rambaldi this year. The show had me hooked because of the Rambaldi storyline.

It is funny because I hear similar complaints from fans of Lost, that nothing ever gets resolved. I thought JJ was screwing up Alias because he was trying to raise the ratings but Lost doesn't need rating and he is still prolonging the resolutions of mysteries.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I have to say that I felt a bit let down by the new episode. Last season had this amazing cliffhanger and I just felt that they would really do something great with the start of the new season.

There were so many holes in this episode (more than swiss cheese, which I thought Vaughn should have been after being shot as many times as he had). The episode seemed rushed to me. Yeah, I was very disapointed.

My guess is that Vaughn isn't dead, although knowing how Abrahms is putting more of his energy into LOST, he very well could have gone and killed off Vaughn and is just waiting for this show to be over with. He'll probably start killing off others just to make the show die faster.

I'll keep watching, but only because I want to see how this show is going to end.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
New incentive to keep watching: According to Zap2It, Amy Acker (Fred from "Angel") will be guesting on two episodes this month. I know I'm happy. :D

David Rosen

Agent

I felt the same way, just about the third season finale that lead to the fourth season. After falling asleep during too many episodes last season, I don't think that I'll be able to make it to the end with this one, which is really rare for me. With the OC, Survivor, and Smallville on at the same time, this one is taking a backseat for me. I am going to tape the Amy Acker eps, and if those are good then I may look into the DVDs. If not, the show had a good run for the first three seasons, and was fair for the last one and I'll keep it at that.

Sebastien S

Second Unit
Actually, I found season 4 much better than season 3! However, it's a far cry from seasons 1 & 2!

This is only the first episode... I'll give it a chance for a while longer.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It'll do until Amy's new show, The Unit, makes its way onto CBS as a mid-season replacement. *Fingers crossed*

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Another person here that will no delete this show from Tivo because of Amy Acker. She does have a lot of fans doesnt she. I hear she was on Supernatural but didnt see that one. How was she if anyone saw it?
Interesting article with Amy. So she made friends with Scott Foley who used met and was married to Jennifer Garner after meeting on J.J Abrams Feliticy and now she is working on Alias...

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

I honestly don't remember all that much about S4, that's how bad I thought it was. All I remember were the last few episodes. I'm sad that ALIAS has gone down hill. It really started out to be such a great show. First two seasons were amazing.

Like others have said, atleast I have Survivor and Smallville on Thursdays to keep me happy.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Alias didnt know what to do with itself during much of the season but once Mommy came back it was pretty darn good.
Hopefully it will be better than the premiere this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks