What's new

Alias Season 3 (1 Viewer)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Okay I am only 4 episodes into the season, but I am loving it! So far I am enjoying all the new storylines and character interactions.

I have to say that this is the most I have been on the edge of my seat since the last episode of season 2.

So far season 3 kicks ass! Sidney looks even hotter this season!

GarySchrock

Second Unit
I don't get the praise for the packaging of this season. Not only is it inconsistant with the previous seasons, but it's those stupid plastic trays that always tend to be a pain to get the disc out of. On top of that, it seems to me that the plastic trays are made from a flimsier plastic than normal, I've already had one of the hubs snap off, and it seems quite likely it'd be easy to break others.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I like the packaging ala DS9 sets but i hate that they used it. Because when your going to release a series,whether that would be tv or movies, decide what packaging you want with the first release and stick with it the entire run of that particular series. There is nothing worse for those that are storing sets on shelves to have things look all out of wack. It is so much more appealing when everything is the same. Oh well nothing can be done about it so time to just enjoy the content!

Isn't this one of the shows that had all it's original music replaced ? I have been thinking of checking this out since it's one of JJ's previous works. But i would definately not get if the music was not intact.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Hey, I like it when sets are consistent also but if your saying season 3 is the weird one, all have been different.Season 2 had that cool clear slip case to reveal Sydney's face.Each season has taken one thing from the other.Season 1 had the 3 cases like Felicity sets.Season 2 took the cases from S1 with a new plastic slip of the characters.Season 3 took the slip case thing from Season 2 with new box.They've all been different.So maybe Season 4 won't have a slip case but will be in the same box as Season 3?

I don't think Felicity had it's music replaced. I have both sets and I think the music is the same. I think your thinking about Dawson's Creek.It had its music replaced on the dvds.Felicity is an awesome show.:emoji_thumbsup:

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Felicity is all replaced music, except for the pilot episode, and the final episode of season 1 "Felicity Was Here"

All other episodes from season 1 and 2 are new music (apart from the original themes).

How is the packaging for ALIAS season 3? I mean, how is it different?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Felicity is all replaced music, except for the pilot episode, and the final episode of season 1 "Felicity Was Here"

All other episodes from season 1 and 2 are new music (apart from the original themes).

How is the packaging for ALIAS season 3? I mean, how is it different?

BTW, Felicity is still great with the new music. JJ Abrams picked it out himself, so it's still got his creative control there. I think I even heard him mention he liked some of the new songs more than the original ones. It's well worth the purchase.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
The Alias season 3 packaging is exactly like the Freaks and Geeks packaging. Flip book style cd holders and it comes with a plastic cover to go over the book (like Season 2 of Alias).

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

Robert: interesting.. if thats the case i guess i shouldn't concern myself with the music and pick these up. Thanks!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
So who else got a little excited when

Garner and George looked like they were going to kiss in the outtake reel :)

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, well he's hardly going to say, "Ok. The music is new, and, basically...it sucks. But I couldn't do any better, so tough luck." Roswell had an insert saying that they liked the new songs, sometimes even more than the original, but the fans all thought they blew.

But I suppose if you have never seen it, it wouldn't make any difference.

Thanks for the pics, Lanie. I thought this season totally reeked (from Remanants (3.10), on with the only bright spot being Hourglass), but seeing the DVD's looking all pretty. I am going to buy it, just when I have some money.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
There are more than enough good episodes to enjoy the season, but it really starts to wear thin through the second half where they just seem to lazily fumble through the pay-offs of what were some promising set-ups.

"Breaking Point" was pretty much the highlight of the season, and "Full Disclosure" was the most satisfying piece of ridiculous plot exposition they pulled off. Unfortunately, things went downhill at an incresingly alarming rate over the course of the next 11 episodes.

Regards,

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator
I first saw this show on DVD and enjoyed S1 a lot. I really liked the second season up until Phase One. After that the show started going downhill for me. Since reading so much about S3 and what its like I think I'm going to cut my losses and be happy with the first one and a half seasons. If S4 gets good reviews I'll reconsider.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
What ever happened to seeing something and making up your own mind. Sure reviews and people's opinions are nice and helpful to a point but you really need to judge something on your own.

Craig J. Koban

Stunt Coordinator
Sooooooooooooo...does anyone else out there think the video transfer on this set was terrible??!! Am I alone here?
There was a few scenes where the grain was so bad I felt like I was watching a video tape.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes the image looks great, but its overwhelmingly inconsistent. And, yes, everything is working fine on my setup.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I have watched all three seasons.

Overall, the show is better on DVD. I thought the first season was "alright" when it aired originally, but appreciated the show more on DVD.

Also, let me just say that even when you watch the show sequentially on DVD it can still be hard to follow at times.

Season 3 had some very good moments. Most notably, the episode with David Cronenberg. There were other good episodes as well, and even McKenas Cole from season 1 makes a return appearance.

Every dramatic show on TV starts to wane after a while. We have all seen shows go through creative peaks and valleys. Sometimes that is due to cast members departing, or writers moving to other projects, or the network deciding to go in a different direction.

We have seen it happen with shows like "The West Wing" and "ER" and "The Practice." Be that as it may, some of the shows rebounded...and others, while not as good as at the beginning, were still very intriguing.

Let's be honest, "Alias" isn't the sort of show that can last 9 seasons. I think what people miss is the fact that Sydney used to be a double agent and that created all sorts of interesting scenarios. Now that she works for the CIA and doesn't have to keep a secret, it isn't nearly as compelling.

J.J. Abrams made the decision to go that way in season 2.

I enjoyed season 3 very much and would recommend it if you enjoyed 1 and 2. It is a good show with good characters and you can't deny the charm of Jennifer Garner.

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator
I thought people read reviews to get an idea of something being worth seeing or not. I know what I did and didn't like about the show in the first two seasons. Since the reviews tell (either positively or negatively) that the show heads in the direction I didn't like then I know I won't be happy with the season. Even those speaking postively about it aren't exactly saying its a great season filled with must-see episodes. So why waste my time?

The first season we got to see Sydney juggle SD-6, the CIA, and her friends. You were never sure who to trust or if she would be caught lying to SD-6 or her friends. There was always a sense of intrigue and danger mixed with the relationship issues that went with leading a double/triple life. After Phase One all that went away.
The show became about Sydney and Vaughn, who have zero chemistry on-screen and no tension now that they've done it, and Sydney has no more personal life just work (which JJ Abrams also commented was against the show's premise). They could have easily written the end of S2 to be the series end without leaving anything outstanding. I don't feel there's anything I'm missing from not watching S3. Losing 2 years is just a big reset button for continuity and Rambaldi's master plan was to make a MacGuffin for the show.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I'm surprised that no one's mentioned the POV episode that was the biggest waste of an episode, by basically showing the same half hour twice in one night.

A shame that season 3 was so weak, especially after how well season 2 was done. Besides, I think the season 2 finale has the best WTF cliffhanger ever. Not the best resolution, but the cliffhanger itself was definintely cool.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Finished disc two last night and I must say that I am still interested and enjoying this season. Yes, there are some things that don't flow well or seem out of context, but all in all I am happy with the storylines and the characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks