1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Alias possibly coming to DVD in September '03!!!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by John Simon, Dec 13, 2002.

1. John Simon

John Simon Well-Known Member

I just read this on an Alias message board:

2. Jon Mercer

Jon Mercer Well-Known Member

This is FANTASIC news. I love this show and can't wait to have season 1 in my needy little hands. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Joel C

Joel C Well-Known Member

Great! The way I console myself about Firefly's cancelling is remembering that Alias is still on. I cannot wait to see the pilot again, in all it's 70 minute commercial free glory. Brought to you by Nokia! Or whoever.

4. LennyP

LennyP Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just got into Alias this season, got it on DVD-Rs relatively high quality, but I surely need that first season on DVD, great news!

5. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Well-Known Member

I noticed that. I downloaded the first 10 episodes and am catching up right now (and I'll be picking up this set. [​IMG]) and when the pilot was going, it kept going. I thought... was it 2 hours? and then it ended. I figured it was either commercial free, or given an extra 30 minute slot or something.

6. Richard Waller

Richard Waller Well-Known Member

I would love to get this show on DVD. I hope it's released next fall!

7. Joel C

Joel C Well-Known Member

I just hope all of the original music remains. I love Felicity, and the DVDs are good, but nearly all of the music is different from the original WB airings. In both shows, JJ Abrahms makes excellent use of pop music, and while Felicity didn't bother me since I haven't seen the show in years (and most of the replacements are great), I have watched Alias episodes multiple times and I'll notice any changes.

Although they could easily change the use of U2 a few weeks back and I wouldn't complain a bit.

8. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Well-Known Member

But I'm really surprised it's taking that long, considering how quickly 24 came out, not that I'm complaining. I haven't watched a single episode of ALIAS this season, and I was a HUGE fan of the show last season, because I was tired of last season's 'watch it one week, wait three, and repeat' way it was going. At least I'll have some kick ass stuff to watch over summer reruns. [​IMG]

9. Robert Ringwald

I agree. I didn't notice any of the Felicity music changes at all because it's been years since I saw the show.
    Alias is very good with it's music, and I hope that it remains.
    I've often found myself bobbing my head to the sounds from that show. [​IMG]

10. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Well-Known Member

"24" is an exception, not the rule. Because of the format of the show it wouldn't do well in syndication. Don't expect to see quick DVD releases of shows shown on the regular networks.

Gord

11. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Well-Known Member

24 is unusual, but I think it will become less so, especially for things as serial as Alias. Now that the DVD sets are becoming more lucrative, I suspect that we'll be seeing more quick windows to DVD, especially if the standard contract language is changing.

12. James Reader

James Reader Well-Known Member

13. John Simon

I really think 24 may be setting a new rule, actually. If you look at how the ratings for 24 have improved between this year and last, I'd guess the DVD probably has quite a bit to do with that. So when you look at a critically acclaimed show like Alias that has been having trouble attracting viewers, ABC may determine it's more important to ensure that Alias survives to a point where syndication would matter instead of letting it be cancelled after 2 or 3 seasons because it could never attract viewers.

14. Robert Ringwald

I agree. I don't currently watch Alias as I'm not caught up yet. But as I said, I'm in the process (Just watched 1.13 last night) and when I'm done with that I'll tune in every night.
    24, I didn't watch last year, I bought the set, I watch it now. [​IMG]

15. Donnie Eldridge

Donnie Eldridge Well-Known Member

This one would be a definite purchase for me. [​IMG]

16. Dave F

Dave F Well-Known Member

Alias also broke from the norm by rebroadcasting recent episodes on a different channel (ABC Family). It seems very logical to me that a DVD release would be in the wings. I'm betting on widescreen, too. [​IMG]

17. John Simon

It looks like an official confirmation is now only days away. TV Guide has an interview with J.J. Abrams, the creator and writer of Alias, discussing the post-Super Bowl episode. The article ends with the quote "On Monday, J.J. Abrams talks about the upcoming Alias DVD and whether Sydney and Co. will see a third season. "
    Sounds almost certain now that Alias is coming to DVD in the near future! You can read the rest of the article here.

18. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Well-Known Member

I hope its in widescreen.

19. Dave F

Dave F Well-Known Member

And 5.1.

-Dave

20. Joel C

Joel C Well-Known Member

It is simulcast in 16X9 so I can't imagine why it wouldn't be.

I normally don't really care about TV aspect ratio (the question of intent and framing for widescreen is a tricky one), but Alias kind of demands it.