What's new

Alias - 4/11/04 - Unveiled (1 Viewer)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
The globe kick reminded me of a Jackie Chan move. I thought the entire fight scene was well choreographed.

So, now we learn that they can listen in on cell phones. As I said in the last Alias thread, this would solve all their problems.

It is interesting that Sloan has done everything right, and is still in trouble. I'm sure we'll see Jack help him in the end. They can't kill off Sloan!

Michael Martin

Screenwriter

Frankly, I think the show would benefit from some of the supporting cast being killed or hurt seriously. While I love the show, and found Sunday's episode to be pretty good, a lot of tension has been drained from the show because we know that Sloane, Vaughn, Marshall,Sark, etc. are not going to die or be maimed, etc.

Nobody's mentioned it, but kudos to Michael Vartan. He's been quietly and consistently making Vaughn as 3-dimensional as possible, and while the audience may not like his devotion, it's some great acting. The scene between Vaughn and Jack was the highlight of the episode for me.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Let me clarify my post above my saying the show would benefit from some of the supporting characters being killed off or hurt seriously. I wish nothing but good fortune to the actors themselves!

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I enjoyed the episode. Glad I tivoed it since the time was changed for Nick and Jessica.
Exciting up until the end but had a problem with Lauren just leaving all her stuff in a suitcase in the closet for...Vaughn to find.

From everything I've read about West Wing this season, the writing is less than serviceable.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

It's all relative. I complained about the latest Sopranos ep too, but the writing quality there was 100x better than that currently applied to Alias. The latest West Wings are only poor compared to the Aaron Sorkin eps. :)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor

That's because the people you're hearing it from missed the glory days of The West Wing. Seasons 1 through 4 yielded some of the best television of the past 20 years. Now Sorkin (Aaron Sorkin wrote 88 of the 90 episodes of the first four seasons) and Tommy Schlamme are gone (Not to mention D.P. Tom Del Ruth) the show is just another watchable NBC drama. Do yourself a favor and buy the 1st season. After you've watched each episode 5 times go out and buy the 2nd season on May 18th.

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
The problem I had with this episode, with all the high-tech toys they're supposed to have, is when Weiss was tapping Lauren's cell phone, then used a filter to decrypt it...couldn't he have recorded the whole conversation from when he started tapping, then run the filter to get the whole thing?? I know the way they did it was a fascinating plot device, but look at 'Enemy of the State' where we can tell what's in a bag someone's carrying opposite a security camera :D

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Mike, then they would have found our about Lauren. And we all know we have to wait until he finds her outfit in the drawer at the end of the episode...

Of all the gadgets and gizmo's they have, and it's her stupidity that gives her away...

boring.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Jennifer Garner was on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno last night, and since Jay likes to embarrass Jennifer with all sorts of footage and photos, he was able to get some outtakes from Jennifer's stint when she did a training video for the CIA, and the outtakes were pretty funny. Jennifer is the bomb!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I don't think I've ever seen her do a talk show. She was just cute all the way around.

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
One thing I have to say about Alias is how much I truly love all the characters, both good and bad.

Vaughn is certainly in for a world of new emotional pain to come.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Will again!

Howard

(Admin note - spoilers added)

VicRuiz

Second Unit
Damn, Jennifer looked just so adorable on Leno last night. That hairdo was really nice on her.

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Regarding my above post:

I always use spoiler tags, and had no idea I was posting a spoiler...merely an assumption on my part...pretty fun.

H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks