What's new

Alias 03/16/03 - "Truth Takes Time" (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So the cat and mouse game between mother and daughter began anew in a more dangerous climate than ever before. Stay tuned...

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
What's wrong with Syd?

She saw that creep as a fraud and just left dinner with Vaughn? (Did you see that look Syd gave her?) The truth may take time, but she knows the truth and it's about time her creepy cloned friend is exposed.

The opening minutes had me expecting a completely different ending tonight. New episode in 2 weeks.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I picked the ending within the first 15 minutes. I hated how predictable this episode was. I wish they hadn't done the lead-in.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I didn't think it was predictible at all, but maybe that's because I spent the episode dreading the ending it looked like we'd get, so I was even more floored by the one we did. I thought it was a nice reversal that probably worked for most viewers.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I don't think anyone saw that Emily would come in and turn State's evidence on Sloane. I was wondering how did Sloane not know that Emily was gone to the CIA, no less (you'd think he'd still have her on surveillance when he's gone from their home).

I'd bet the tie that FFrancie gave Vaughn is bugged or laced with something nasty.

Love Marshall's interjections.

*Chuckle* at Sark giving Irina the shock of her life. :D

*Chuckle* at Kendall getting his, uh, legs chopped down for this op.

Sloane's going to be on the warpath due to Emily's death, but you have to wonder if his quest for the Rambaldi artifacts will continue now that Emily is dead, and he had admitted that he was looking for the "fountain of youth" within his pursuit of the Rambaldi artifacts and plans. I guess Irina's Rambaldi search has suffered a setback twicefold now that Sloane is still in the chase, and Sydney has the genetic research information.

MikeM

Screenwriter
This episode had some of the more ridiculous moments yet. With this show, you always have to take each event with a grain of salt because they are pretty fake, but come on!

The guy has a clear shot on Sloane, takes it, misses and hits Sloane's wife, and then shudders and looks down not even attempting to shoot again? Huh? Sloane even takes a look over her body giving everyone and their brother a clear shot on him. Even in Die Hard they gave Bruce Willis TWO bullets at the end. ;)

Not to mention....

I love how Sloane and crew got away so easily in their chopper at the end as well. Like the CIA wouldn't have all their bases covered and have at least a dozen birds in the sky after this guy. Hell, if a guy steals a car stereo in my neighborhood I'm more likely to see helicopters, but I digress.

Sorry, all those "easy outs" in the story line really got to me in that episode.

Allen W

Stunt Coordinator
It will be very interesting how they will overcome this betrayal of Irina's. Just when you thought she had gone completely on the dark side, and that she would never come back she sends Syd a hopeful encoded message. Somehow later this season or next she is going to come back and say she had to leave to catch Sloane or get the Rimabldi stuff. SpyMommy will have some explaining to do!

Very funny scene using the defibralator to destroy the bug in Irina, and they just happen to have a bug sweeper and a defibrilator handy! I guess a defib might be around in a pharmaceutical company.

I have been saying I was looking forward to Dixon coming back, but I think he has been out of the game too long! He lost his edge!

How much damage is FFrancie going to do before they wake up?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Some parts of me want to believe that Irini has turned "good", and some evidence would be that she wanted Sydney and Vaughn to chase her out of the building because she knew it would going to blow.

Also, given Emily's reaction to Irina, you have to wonder when that backstory will materialize.

I did like the bit about Irini telling Sloane not to try and insinuate himself into Sydney's past as a father figure.

DaveMcS

Second Unit
The guy has a clear shot on Sloane, takes it, misses and hits Sloane's wife, and then shudders and looks down not even attempting to shoot again? Huh? Sloane even takes a look over her body giving everyone and their brother a clear shot on him. Even in Die Hard they gave Bruce Willis TWO bullets at the end.

Keep in mind that the chopper flew right over him..apparently causing him to flinch..thus causing the above mentioned faux pas...

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Keep in mind that the chopper flew right over him..apparently causing him to flinch..thus causing the above mentioned faux pas...
But that wouldn't have kept Dixon from shooting again when Sloane went back to look at Emily. Actually I was thinking before why didn't Sarc just wait around for Sydney when she was looking over Vaughn's body when he was shot. Doesn't he watch the movies? :D

Jay

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Dixon might have been bummed that he shot/killed Emily, and that slowed him down in going for another shot on Sloane...or he's really K-Directorate. :D

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I loved the episode. I agree Sloane's getaway smacks of CIA laziness, but if Sloane was caught, that might spell the end of the series.

Can anyone give a paraphrase of the conversation Sloane and Irina had on the plane at the beginning of the ep? I found it VERY hard to hear, even turning the sound up, and I didn't get captions on in time. Did Irina hint that she and Sloane had been lovers? Could Sloane be Syd's biological father?

I am hoping that Syd puts 2 and 2 together about Franice (conversational faux pas and the surveillance stuff in her apartment) very soon. Poor Will is only getting hypno-sex; he must walk around wondering why he's still so tense most of the time. :D

Irina had a very odd smile on her face when Syd yelled "Freeze!" Did she think Sydney really wouldn't shoot? Put me in the camp that Irina deliberately saved Syd's life by calling out to her.

I think the look on Sark's face when Irina opened her shirt debunks the theory that he's Irina's son. Or at least that he KNOWS he's her son. :b

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The look on my face probably looked a lot like Sark's expression when Irina's shirt was ripped open for the shock paddles...

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Somehow later this season or next she is going to come back and say she had to leave to catch Sloane or get the Rimabldi stuff.
You know, I'm still pretty pissed about the incredibly moronic writing that allowed Irina to escape with the Rombaldi manuscript last week. But if the writers do the "is she good/evil?" switcheroo with Irina one more time I think that will be the last straw for me. How many times can you use the same plot device without it becoming contrived, predictable, and lame?

As for the false lead-in and trick ending to this ep, you knew something was fishy the way the scene was originally shown because you never saw the body. Still, the way it want down at the end was a scene with a totally different sequence of events from the lead-in. It's one thing to mislead the viewer with subtle indirection, but to show a scene that pretty much amounts to a flat-out lie is just another sign of lazy writing.

I also agree that having Dixon not take a second shot was stupid. And if Syd wanted to disable her mom without killer her she should have gone for the leg, not the arm.

One more criticism on the writing, it seems like Marshall's character is getting to be a bit over the top, to the point of being a caricature of the original Marshall from season 1 and the first part of this season. Some of his lines last night were cringe-worthy, not funny.

You know, this show would be so much better if they would just hire some competent writers.

Daniel_BR

Grip
I thought it was entertaining as usual. There are a lot of "lapses" but no more than action movies in the theater. I too was wondering why Dixon didn't keep shooting, but maybe he's still a Sloane operative. Overall, they have plenty of loose ends to keep this interesting for a while. I just hope they getting a little closer to revealing what the whole Rimbaldi "deal" is this season. (Is it a fountain of youth? Is it a weapon of mass destruction? Is the prophecy of Irina being the harbinger of doom true?)

Also worth noting that Syd and Irina are even now since they've each shot the other in the shoulder/arm. :D

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
I know this is sort of unimportant to the main story, but I wish they would tell us what happened to Dixon's wife. (She had given him a "CIA or me" ultimatum.)

I agree that they're starting to make Marshall annoying, which is a shame.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I loved the episode. I agree Sloane's getaway smacks of CIA laziness, but if Sloane was caught, that might spell the end of the series.
Yes, but then we could move on to Syd & Vaughn getting married, leading us to the new hit sitcom, "My Big Fat CIA Wedding" :)

I too was frustrated by the CIA's sloppiness: Sydney pausing to check on Vaughn after she knew he was ok, in the BioTech building. And then Dixon failing to reload and kill Sloane.

But I enjoyed the show and am looking forward to the next new episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks