What's new

Alias 01/26/03 - Phase One (1 Viewer)

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Started right at 10pm Central time and ran an hour.

The last scene was, pardon the expression, killer! First I'm screaming "NO WAY!" thinking Francie had been a mole the entire time, and thinking the blood smear meant a dead Will.... then it was "NO FUCKING WAY!" after the big reveal.

Awesome. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No need to spoiler tag, it's simultaneous across the country

I mean, I wanted Francine dead, but I was really hoping she greased Will. Perhaps evil double Francine (I'm calling it now!) is the black K-Directorate agent

Patrick_M

Stunt Coordinator
I am a fan of this type of stuff, but had never watched since the show is on Sunday. So tonight was my first viewing...and I have to say, I think I will be adding this to my can't miss shows...(the only other show that i absolutely can't miss is The West Wing).

I liked Alias a lot, it was very fast paced and seemed very smart...and gathering from the reaction in this thread, it has always been that way... I may have to some back tracking and catch up.

Peter McDonald

Stunt Coordinator
This is the first episode of Alias I've watched from beginning to end... and I'll definitely be a regular viewer from now on. One of the best shows I've seen in a long time.

Any chance of the first season coming out on DVD any time soon? :D

Peter

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Makes you wonder what Sloane has planned for Phase 2. Sloane must have been onto the Bristows for quite a long time.

Joey

Stunt Coordinator
Oh my goodness... I certainly didn't expect this!

I thought that they still would have cliffhangers, but not so many to make it easier for people to jump in. I didn't know what they meant in those commercials about this episode being "A NEW BEGINNING" but it's obvious what they meant.

The end of SD-X and the Alliance. That's right - this could have been the series final episode! This definitely turns this show around and I hope it doesn't hurt the show. Not sure what I think of the new Sloan and Sark alliance... So Sloan knew about the double agents and presumably Sark told him? I was afraid this was going to turn into some Dallas & J.R. dream sequence.

Arrgh, the next episode can't get here soon enough!

Joel C

Screenwriter
I think he found out when Sark showed him that piece of paper. Then he was able to expand hisEmily plan to include oh so much more.

This is the Best. Show. Ever. 24 what? Later seasons of Buffy who?

Allen W

Stunt Coordinator
Great episode. I wondered how they were going to bring Sloane back. I guess we know now.

I missed the music they usually play during the opening credits, I wonder if it will be back.

Joey

Stunt Coordinator
Joel Mack, I thought and felt the exact same thing...

Kinda screwed up for Will that just when he and Francie get it on, she gets it right on the forehead... Odd, I feel sad that her character was written off, but then again - it wasn't. LOL!

I can't believe that this was a mid-season episode.... I can't sleep now.

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Did any of the other HD stations switch to the 4x3 SD broadcast less than 10 minutes into the show, after a minute or so of "frozen" video followed by another minute of nothing? The HD transmissions of Alias in the Twin Cities, Minnesota seem to be plagued with problems that worsen rather than lessen with each passing week...

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It IS too bad that they have revealed Sloane's hideout location now

In a future world, where apes rule! DAMN YOU JJ ABRAHMS DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!!!

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I missed the music they usually play during the opening credits, I wonder if it will be back.
Several times this season they have forgone the opening theme, presumably to add a few extra moments of action. It always seems to be on "special" shows, and it always comes back. Fear not, little camper. ;)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So who's going to say it?

Alias has jumped the Sark! :D :D :D

After watching this episode I'm too jazzed up to go to bed!

BTW, I think Irina is totally in on this whole destruction of the Alliance angle.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
DVDs are 99% confirmed for September
Too late, I don't need no stinking P&S with DPL. I've got most of them in HD now. :D (If they're Anamorphic WS and DD 5.1 I'll buy, otherwise NO!)

This was just a fantastic episode. I couldn't see how Francie would be associated with Sloane, but then I said Anna Espinosa with some Plastic work, of course, played by Francie. :D I thought the kiss would end it and then, Phase Two.

The phase two had me confused. I though that would be the taking out of SD6, but when that occured I was at a loss.

But, what does Sloane need from Francie (imposter)? He and Sark are free to do as they wish.

Unless...

Sark wants Anna/Francie to force Syd/CIA to release "THE MAN" from custody!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, the Alliance is dead.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wonder how they'll bring Marshall and Dixon back into the fold. Dixon might be in witness protection (though his last call to his wife was very troubling for him).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks