What's new

Alfred Hitchcock's Movies? (1 Viewer)

sonySunu

Auditioning
Real Name
Sony Cherian
Are there any Hitchcock fans out here? As for me, I am a huge fan of Alfred Hitchcock.

Here are my top favourites from him.

1) Rebecca
2) Shadow of a Doubt
3) Psycho
4) Rear Window
5) Notorious

What are your top favourites, everyone?

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
It can be pretty hard to create a list with some many from which to choose—but Rear Window and Vertigo would be on my list I’d probably also find room for North by Northwest.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
In alphabetical order (I'm not into really ranking stuff), my faves are North By Northwest, Psycho, Rear Window, Shadow Of A Doubt, Strangers On A Train, and Vertigo. Honorable mention goes to The Birds, Frenzy, Lifeboat and Notorious.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
It's pretty hard to pick a favorite between Vertigo, Rear Window, Rebecca and Notorious.

On the other hand, I am no fan of North by Northwest (I dislike wrong men/mistaken identity plots) and Psycho (terribly dated).

--
H

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
North by Northwest is my favorite movie of all time, but being such a Hitch fan in general, it's hard to pick a top 5.

However, I would say Notorious, Rear Window, Lifeboat.... I find Saboteur to be fascinating, as well as Rope,... Foreign Correspondent also is great war time Hitch.

Bryan Beckman

Second Unit
I saw Notorious for the first time early last week. I loved every minute of it. Ingrid Bergman never looked so radiant, defiant, and vulnerable all at once. Just brilliant work by everyone involved.

I also saw North by Northwest for the first time on Saturday. I must say that I wanted to love it, but merely ended up respecting it instead. The dust-cropping sequence was outstanding, but I felt that Hitchcock gave away his cards too soon in relation to what was really going on with The Kaplan Identity. The film really had me hooked until then. It was fun to see all that great location shooting, though.

The next three Hitch flicks I'll see are Rear Window, Vertigo, and Shadow of a Doubt. But Notorious is near the top of my wish list.

Tim_C

Stunt Coordinator
"Vertigo" is my favorite film of all time, and "The 39 Steps" isn't too far behind. Other than that some of my favorites among his films (in no particular order) are "Notorious", "Spellbound", "Psycho", and "Strangers on a Train".

Manus

Second Unit
No particular order : Rebecca, Notorious, North by North west,Foreign Correspondent , Psycho , The Lady Vanishes, 39 Steps ,Vertigo........The Birds...I could go on :)

they just dont make em like those any more ...

Oh..and 'Suspicion' too !!!

~M~

Josh.C

Second Unit
How can you not be a Hitchcock fan. The guy was brilliant, and I would give my left you know what, to see what he could do with today's technology. Not to take away from the great movies, because they don't need any help. Here is my top 5.

1. Vertigo - no doubt this is my favorite Hitchcock classic
2. The Man who knew too much - yes, I am a huge Jimmy Stewart fan
3. Rear Window
4. North by Northwest
5. Psycho

To Catch a Thief gets an honorable mention

Since we are on the subject. Several years ago I went to the movies and saw "What Lies Beneath" with Harrison Ford. I didn't know what to expect, but was amazed at the Hitchcockesque shots in the film. Ex. the part when Michelle Phiefer's character was trying to start the truck, the shadow of Ford getting up, the reflection in the rear view mirror, just to name a few. Did anyone else notice that the whole movie was full of vintage Hitchcock film techniques? I absolutely loved it, and now own the movie. If you haven't seen it, go rent it today!

JC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks