What's new

Alfred Hitchcock Presents--Season 4? (1 Viewer)

Charles H

Screenwriter
With all the buzz on the "Movies" forum about Hitchcock collections, shouldn't there be an announcement for the fourth season of AH Presents from Universal? The CEs of REAR WINDOW, VERTIGO, and PSYCHO each contain an episode from AHP too.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
I hope so! It's been a while since V3 was released, hasn't it?

Hitchcock does seem to be VERY popular these days, doesn't he?

MissGoddess

Auditioning
Real Name
April Lane
I'm still awaiting an announcement myself. The last three seasons came out in October, as well. I'm surprised at the delay. I love this show and the great work Universal has done on the dvds. I do hope they will continue to release all of the seasons.

Rick Z.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ricardo
I contacted Universal Home Entertainment on wednesday, august 6th and this was their response:

Dear Mr. Zaldivar,

Thank you for contacting Universal Studios Home Entertainment. We strive to provide the highest standard in product quality and customer care.

No date has been announced for the next season DVD release of this series. A multitude of factors, including contractual issues, influence the timing and content of our DVD releases. Unfortunately, no further information is available at this time.

For a listing of upcoming releases, please check our website periodically at: UNIVERSAL HOME ENTERTAINMENT.

We appreciate your interest and hope that you will continue to enjoy Universal products.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT

m.cellophane

Agent
Real Name
James
The last 3 seasons were released in October. As we're getting later in September, it looks like Oct '08 will be passed over for S4.

Stephen Bowie

Stunt Coordinator
An insider I know thinks AHP is toast on DVD. I was holding out hope until this year's Halloween window passed, but now I tend to think that the Hulu thing is a compromise and that Uni has basically given up on DVD releases for most of the shows you can stream on the internet. And, perversely, Hitchcock is such a big brand name for Uni that I don't see them licensing it to a third party.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I hope that's not true, because (a) I just want to buy it, (b) I don't like the idea of watching things on the internet (I bought a big television set for a reason), and (c) I'm in New Zealand, and we don't have access to Hulu here.

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu
I don't see why they don't break down and put out two or three seasons at a time in giant box sets. Complete series are big deals and since the show went on forever, why not?

And they'll probably find their way to Shout Factory. Hitchcock might be a big name, but when it's sitting in an archive it's making nobody money anyway.

hitchcompanion

Auditioning
Real Name
Patrik Wikstrom
Yes it was sad that Universal didn't continue their trend to release the Alfred Hitchcock Presents Seasons 50 years after the TV premiere (although they did not do it on the correct day):
First Season dvd premiere 4 oct 2005 TV premiere 2 oct 1955
Second Season dvd premiere 17 oct 2006 TV premiere 30 sep 1956
Third Season dvd premiere 9 oct 2007 TV premiere 6 oct 1957
Fourth Season dvd premiere ????????? TV premiere 5 oct 1958

I will arrange a new edition of my book The Alfred Hitchcock Presents when all seasons are out on DVD,
so hopefully Universal doesn't give up on releasing the next 7 seasons.

[email protected]

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I just received Emergency Season 5 in the mail and there is a one page flyer in the first disc that clearly shows Artwork for Hitchcock Presents Season 4. It looks like it's coming, but there's nothing yet on Amazon.

MissGoddess

Auditioning
Real Name
April Lane
Oh, this is great news! Thank you for posting it.
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Kenneth V

Stunt Coordinator
I hope this show continues to be released. It only gets better as you get to season 7 and the hour episodes after that!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

BillyFeldman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Billy Feldman
There are three volumes of The Alfred Hitchcock Hour available overseas, with great transfers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks