What's new

Alfred Hitchcock films available on blu-ray (1 Viewer)

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
There seems to be a release of Lifeboat in Germany coming Dec 17 from Warner. Nothing listed about region code. Would be nice for U.S. if it's region free.
http://www.amazon.de/Das-Rettungsboot-Blu-ray-Tallulah-Bankhead/dp/B008V5RN6U/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1345653645&sr=1-1

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I see that all the movies are up for sale each at a single price at Amazon if you type in Universal 100 years anniversary. I cannot bring them up any other way. The movies come are not listed together you have to go through all the 100 year titles. So I could if I wish make a list now of the BD's I want and see if i can save a few bucks. Nice prices though.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Originally Posted by Mark Collins /t/318802/alfred-hitchcock-films-available-on-blu-ray/60#post_3988752
I see that all the movies are up for sale each at a single price at Amazon if you type in Universal 100 years anniversary. I cannot bring them up any other way. The movies come are not listed together you have to go through all the 100 year titles. So I could if I wish make a list now of the BD's I want and see if i can save a few bucks. Nice prices though.
Those are DVD's not blu-rays...the Hitchcock Universal catalog is unavailable individually in hi-def except for "Psycho".

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Mark Collins said:
I couldn't find any of the thirteen new Universal Hitchcock's on either the US or UK Amazon sites. I would love to see them released individually, as I only want about four of them.

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
David Weicker said:
I couldn't find any of the thirteen new Universal Hitchcock's on either the US or UK Amazon sites. I would love to see them released individually, as I only want about four of them.
I can (almost) guarantee (or hope) that in 2013 we'll see these individual releases:
"The Birds" (50th Anniversary)
"Vertigo" (55th Anniversary)
"Rope" (65th anniversary)
"Shadow of a Doubt" (70th anniversary)

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
And the UK Man Who Knew Too Much is coming to Criterion in January
http://www.criterion.com/films/27999-the-man-who-knew-too-much?q=autocomplete

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I just wish they'd do Blackmail. Maybe find the silent version and release them alongside the commentary they did for their LD release with the then 94 year old screenwriter...

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Moe Dickstein said:
I just wish they'd do Blackmail. Maybe find the silent version and release them alongside the commentary they did for their LD release with the then 94 year old screenwriter...
The silent version was recently restored by the BFI and may get a release with the other 8 silents. It is better than the sound version with it's awkward line readings and stagey delivery. A combo of the 2 versions would be most welcome.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I always thought a "Hitchcock Silents" box would be perfect for the Eclipse series from Criterion, but I wonder who controls the rights to those for the US. Hopefully not Lionsgate, we've had nothing past that one collection they did with the lovely Hitch death mask cover art...

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Moe Dickstein said:
I always thought a "Hitchcock Silents" box would be perfect for the Eclipse series from Criterion, but I wonder who controls the rights to those for the US. Hopefully not Lionsgate, we've had nothing past that one collection they did with the lovely Hitch death mask cover art...
It would be Network and Studio Canal (at least in the U.K.) so maybe that's Lionsgate here.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
This has been an incredible 12 months.
Last Halloween, there were TWO Hitchcock films on Blu Ray. Come this Halloween, there will be TWENTY-FIVE.
This was an awesome year.
David

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by David Weicker /t/318802/alfred-hitchcock-films-available-on-blu-ray/90#post_3991731
This has been an incredible 12 months.
Last Halloween, there were TWO Hitchcock films on Blu Ray. Come this Halloween, there will be TWENTY-FIVE.
This was an awesome year.
David
Yeah, it's possible that some of this was because there is a feature film and an HBO film featuring Hitchcock this year. Studios like to cash in on the publicity. After having blu-ray for 6 years it's about time!

No Lifeboat Blu Ray in the USA yet, hard to believe but then again there are a lot of movies I could say that about :D

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by david steigman /t/318802/alfred-hitchcock-films-available-on-blu-ray/90#post_3991743
No Lifeboat Blu Ray in the USA yet, hard to believe but then again there are a lot of movies I could say that about
It's coming in December in Germany from Warner. Their titles are usually region free. Fox has rights here, as well as rights to other titles, so let's hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks