What's new

ALF fans...your time is coming! (1 Viewer)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
This little blurb from today's edition of "USA Today"
Our favorite alien returns to the small screen. No, it's not ET. Not Marvin the Martian in that cool hat. It's Alf, a.k.a "Alien Life Form"! You can get your fill in a 12-disc DVD set due in stores next spring
I have to admit that this sitcom was one of my "guilty pleasures" when I was in college.
patriot.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
USA Today picked this up from a site that picked it up from a magazine that was running a spoof. ALF is not REALLY coming to DVD.
Sorry to be the bearer of news.
------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
USA Today wrote that??? As was mentioned in a thread in the Software forum here last week, that news is a JOKE! It came from the current issue of Total Movie (#5) from a column made up entirely of FAKE NEWS. There is no truth to it whatsoever.
Believe me - if it was true, I would be the first one to pre-order it. I LOVED ALF when I was a kid.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
It's amazing how fast fake news find its way into the major news outlets today, thanks to the Internet. Doesn't anyone at USA Today check the facts?
That sid, I like ALF, and would at least rent it if it came out on DVD. :)
/Mike

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Damn! Oh well, at least my cat will be safe.
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
This demonstrates how useless mainstream median in the USA has become. Yet many people tomorrow will pick up USA Today and treat it as a credible news source.
I'm sorry, but the fact that the unverified item appeared in the 'Living' section is meaningless. Items must be verified, not just stolen from other magazines.

Chris Wittry

Stunt Coordinator
Damn, so close! I've been waiting for this show to come back to tv forever(I think it's on the Hallmark channel now).
biggrin.gif

Have you watched ALF recently? The show is terrible!
I'm pretty sure the title of this thread started with the words "ALF fans...," so I doubt Michael*K was looking for "this show is terrible comments."

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Patrick,
I also have an Alf doll in my HT. He's an Alf hand puppet, propped up on my right front speaker.
Then there's the Chucky doll, who chills on my DVD shelves. Yeah.
Oh, and Alf used to be on the Odyssey channel on cable not too long ago, I don't know if they still show it. Good stuff.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I'm pretty sure the title of this thread started with the words "ALF fans...," so I doubt Michael*K was looking for "this show is terrible comments."
Ah...doesn't matter to me. Let's face it, this wasn't a groundbreaking show by any stretch.
wink.gif
Besides, I have no problem referring to it as a "guilty pleasure." Still, if I was surfing the tube and happened to come across it, I'd probably watch it for a while.
patriot.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
A 12-disc, feature-laden set of all the ALF episodes is impossible because:
A. There are 102 half-hours, which would need at least 17 discs (at 6 episodes per disc).
B. Warner Bros. owns the rights, and they have bungled other TV shows on DVD.
Graeme, you and I must not be talking about the same show.
------------------
Petition to release The Mary Tyler Moore Show on DVD

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
quote: "NEWS YOU CAN'T USE"
Because it's more fun when it's fake
Hide the cat- Fans of the late 80's TV series ALF will be thrilled to hear that the series will be released on DVD beginning next spring. The twelve disc boxed set will include the entire series run and a bevy of extras, including commentary for each episode with ALF himself, a fifteen minute interview ith Liz "Mrs. Ochmonek" Sheridan and police footage of Max Wright's drunk driving arrest.[/quote]
I guess this joke was a little too subtle for some, as someone somewhere thought it credible enough to quote as truth.
Some of the other stories in this section (Cameron to direct HINDENBURG from 469 page script and 2.7 billion dollar budget, CNN's Larry king to conduct hour long interview with Death) were a bit more absurd making it a bit easier for everyone to know they were jokes-- again guess the ALF boxset was a bit too subtle.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum15/HTML/031915.html
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Do you want SOUTH PARK on DVD in order, rather than themed sets? Join our overwhelming majority!!

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I loved the first season of Alf. I was in college, and watched the first episode in the dorm tv room. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.
But then, ALF "Jumped The Shark" by getting the Ochmonick's kid involved. The show went to hell after that.
------------------
Randy Tennison
Kansas City, MO
Home theater photos located at
http://home.kc.rr.com/thetennisons/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks