1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Alexander Korda's The Four Feathers (R2)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Douglas R, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Douglas R

Douglas R Well-Known Member

Doug
    I've just got the R2 version of Alexander Korda's wonderful film THE FOUR FEATHERS (1939) issued by Carlton and the picture quality is superb. The color, in particular, is absolutely glorious. The only extra is the original trailer, which is fascinating in itself and which is also in excellent condition. For only £9.99 or less this is a real bargain.

2. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Well-Known Member

Great! I've been waiting for this film for some time. I thought it would get released in R1 when the Heath Ledger version did but it wasn't.

3. Derek_McL

Derek_McL Well-Known Member

Its good to hear the colour in this title is excellent. I was very disappointed with the grain abundant in their version of the Olivier Henry V. I was going to get this title based on its reputation the glorious colour you mention has clinched the deal. There is nothing like glorious early colour!

My New Classic Films Website

4. John Hodson

John Hodson Well-Known Member

John
    This is great news, the only shame is the lack of extras. The Korda films do, in general, deserve the full bells and whistles releases.

BTW, I've been debating whether to get the Criterion Henry V; anyone got any comments?

---
    So many films, so little time...