What's new

'Alexander: DC' and 'Marie Antoinette' to Blu-ray in 2007 (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
More exciting release news. How about some releases that didn't bomb at the boxoffice.

And Alexander with an additional 45 min? God help us.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
I love ALEXANDER, and Kevin Smith told me that when he was shooting CLERKS II with Rosario Dawson, she told him the film Stone actually shot was "completely different" than either the theatrical release, or the later "Director's Cut" DVD, and that there was TONS of material missing from both versions. I'm very interested in seeing this epic edit, which should contain that material...

Vincent

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I said the same thing over in the SD thread before but I'm interested in seeing Stone's version where he has no worries about the running time or deadlines and can (re)make the version he wants. I think Alexander is a great movie and in a few years people will reevaluate their opinions and view it as one of Stone's best movies.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

This would be the first time I could actually see the value of a music only track. Then I could leisten without being forced to watch. :)

Come to think of it, it would be cheaper to buy the soundtrack. Sorry guys, I found this movie unwatchable.

Jace_A

Second Unit
Is Alexander actually coming out in February? From this report, it appears that it won't be out on BD or HD DVD until sometime later next year.

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
You're correct. 'Alexander' will not be day and date with the DVD. I previously updated my original post to reflect this as I misread the release notification the first time. If an admin would like to update the subject heading please do so by all means.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Wow. the director's cut was among the most endurance-testing movies I've ever sat through (and watching Queer As Folk has desensitized me to much of the homosexual content that appearently causes mid-westerners to spontaniously burrst into flames). Is there any way adding 45 minutes could make this movie seem shorter?

I'm having nightmare scenarios of Solaris's "endless car ride". Except it'll be on horseback. Or maybe elephants.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks