What's new

Airport Extreme settings for TWC Docsis 3.0 HELP! (1 Viewer)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I figured it out: please ignore this post unless you are having similar problems. Answer in post 2.

Just got Time Warner's "Wideband" (55MbpsDn/5Up), modem: "Motorola SURFboard Wireless Cable Modem Gateway". (WiFi on the modem off at my request).
Short version: Works when I connect Ethernet to a Mac, Network: using DHCP.

Does not work with my Airport Extreme, using the setting left over from my last attempt at Verizon DSL:
Internet Connection (tab): Connect Using: Ethernet
Connection Sharing: Off (Bridge Mode)

TCP/IP (tab): Configure IPv4: DHCP

Never picks up an address from DHCP. Maybe I simply never did the right dance with powering up/down Airport Extreme/Cable modem.

Does anyone have a similar setup and can tell me what setting they are using on their Airport? Any and all help immeasurably appreciated!
Time Warner's customer support was singularly unhelpful.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Correct settings: Internet Connection (tab): Connect Using: Ethernet Connection Sharing: Share a public IP address Ethernet WAN port: Automatic default.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Is TWC rolling out DOCSIS 3.0 in select regions, or nationally? We're still stuck with a RR Turbo capped at 1Mbps upload. I'd love the 5+ upload apparently possible with the D3 system.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveF

Is TWC rolling out DOCSIS 3.0 in select regions, or nationally? We're still stuck with a RR Turbo capped at 1Mbps upload. I'd love the 5+ upload apparently possible with the D3 system.
Have you checked that it is not available in your neck of the woods? It has been available in all of New York City for a while now, but if I hadn't heard about it on the NY Times Tech Talk podcast I never would have known about it -- TWC is simply not promoting, more like keeping it secret. No idea why -- maybe they don't have the backbone capacity to handle mass adoption.

You'd thing they'd be hammering Verizon with it, considering that FIOS isn't available outside of brand new buildings in most of Manhattan (and likely the story isn't better in the other boroughs).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks