What's new

Airplane "Don't Call Me Shirley!" Edition 12/13 (pushed back from 11/15) (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Thought I'd get the "official" thread started.

This one will have NEW commentary and a BRANCHING version with the TV edits(deleted scenes).

I'm all over this, as I've always wanted a version with the deleted scenes.
The TV edits had lot more scenes of the two kids(adult couple)

Mark Lucas

Second Unit
We can only hope true special editions of the Naked Gun movies are next with all the deleted scenes seen on tv.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

really??
Noone has posted since Feb 25th 2005 and it's basically people talking about possible paramount SE's

I just wanted a seperate thread about ONE SE, and how great it would be, and giving the release date.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Maybe someone can confirm this for me....

The only TV scene I vaguely remember is
where a guy is walking in the airplane and
notices his buddy, Jack, coming in the other
direction.

He yells, "HI JACK" and security comes and
takes him away (the joke being on hijaack).

Not sure if that was something I thought I
saw or not. Not sure if it was from Airplane
or Airplane II, either.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Ronald,

The Hi Jack! joke is ALSO in Airplane II(TV edit I think)

# Some versions have subtitles on a part where the Jive Dudes are talking.

# The TBS television version adds more scenes with the two kids acting like adults.(3-4 scenes)

# On the broadcast television version, there is an extra joke when the plane is landing. Elaine exclaims, "Look out, Ted! The mountains! The mountains!" Ted replies, "Elaine, we're over Iowa." Elaine then says, "Look out, Ted! The Corn! The Corn!"

# Some broadcast versions have an additional scene at the airport in which a couple recognizes someone they know. "Hi, Jack!" they yell to him, causing airport security personnel to grab him and haul him away.

# In another scene added to the broadcast version, the flight crew looks first to the left and then to the right as the plane's jet engines come to life, accompanied by the sound of an old propeller engine sputtering into action.

# In the network TV version, the abortion exchange between the man and woman on the PA system is removed.

# Some video versions feature different songs on the soundtrack compared to the original release, probably due to licensing problems.

# In recent UK 'Sky Movies' broadcasts the punchline to the cocaine joke which had her snorting some white powder was cut. Also cut was the line 'Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue'.

# In the TV version shown on UPN, Chuck Connors appears briefly as "The Sarge", the same character he plays in Airplane II

# In a TV version, there is a scene showing Kramer and McCroskey having an argument at a water dispenser.

# UK DVD release is rated '15' because of the director's commentary. The movie itself is still rated 'PG'.

# In the TV version, an alternate version of the scene with the woman's breasts wiggling is shown featuring a woman in a tight red and yellow striped t-shirt and drum sound effects accompanying her moving breasts. Whistling is also heard.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
According to recent info from the studio, this title has been pushed back to the December schedule.

New release date: December 13.

-Scott

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

"I can't take this anymore. I've gotta get out of here! I've gotta get out of here!"

KristianH

Agent

Is all or any of these additional scenes, changes, versions verified as to what might be on the new "Don't Call Me Shirley edition of Airplane?

Anthony Clifton

Stunt Coordinator
How early does Paramount usually send out copies to reviewers? I'm eager to read a review of the new version.

I try not to sell older editions before reading a review or two because it's a roll of the dice lately whether a new edition is worth the upgrade or not.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter

Normally, 12 - 14 days before street date, with review blackouts in effect until 11 days before street. I'm rarely able to post a review 11 days before street, since I frequently receive several titles in a given week. They can't all be done in a few days.

So, the absolute earliest you'll see a review of this title here at HTF is December 2 (the street date was pushed to 12/13). I'm afraid you'll have to wait awhile.

Retailers who break street date may make discs available to the public around the same time as reviewers get their screeners. People who get discs in this way aren't bound by review blackouts. Sometimes, you'll see comments posted by members a few days before a review is available.

-Scott

Mark Lucas

Second Unit
I'll probably pick up this edition when it comes out eventually. Not as funny today as when you first saw it but I'm looking forward to the commentary and the extra scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks