What's new

Airplane/Airplane II Double Feature (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
I've seen lots of comedies in my time. But when Airplane came out, I don't think that anyone was prepared for it. I certainly wasn't. And neither was the packed audience i saw it with. The laughter was contagious. I laughed so hard the tears were flowing. I can't say that about many comedies. And after more than 30 years, it still hasn't lost very much of its punch.

You can never go back in time and see a movie again for the first time. But I can proudly say that I was there when the $#it hit the fan for the first time, and I almost fell down on the floor!

Needless to say... Pre-ordered.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Even though Airplane 2: The Sequel was made by different people it still holds up to the first one. We almost always add a "the sequel" anytime someone says "too".

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I love how a Blu set containing both films is $13.99, but to buy Airplane II by itself is currently $16.99.

But then we have to wait for many months.

Now I have to find a home for my current Blu of Airplane.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I still have a hard time believing that Ken Finkleman is the same man who wrote/directed Airplane II and starred/wrote/directed The Newsroom (a brilliant 90s/00s Canadian TV show satirizing TV news, long before the HBO show of the same name)--they are completely different beasts. I love Airplane!, so I'll consider the sequel as a bonus feature.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Mark Walker said:
I love how a Blu set containing both films is $13.99, but to buy Airplane II by itself is currently $16.99.

But then we have to wait for many months.

Now I have to find a home for my current Blu of Airplane.
Same here.

I'll probably wait and see if there is a drop with Airplane: The Sequel blu ray...

Or try and sell my Airplane copy now and pre order.

"What a pisser."

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I saw that TCM is showing Airplane! in June!!

Any word on a UHd Blu-ray coming as well?

paramount is hard to figure out these days with releases.

happy 40th anniversary Airplane!!!!

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
I still have a hard time believing that Ken Finkleman is the same man who wrote/directed Airplane II and starred/wrote/directed The Newsroom (a brilliant 90s/00s Canadian TV show satirizing TV news, long before the HBO show of the same name)--they are completely different beasts. I love Airplane!, so I'll consider the sequel as a bonus feature.

Ken Finkleman made a nice living copying other people's work. Granted, he was paid to make the second Airplane and naturally gave them the same style as the original. But the Newsroom ripped off so much of The Larry Sanders Show I couldn't watch it .

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I saw that TCM is showing Airplane! in June!!

Any word on a UHd Blu-ray coming as well?

paramount is hard to figure out these days with releases.

happy 40th anniversary Airplane!!!!

With Paramount there is no way of knowing. I would say chances are slim to none.

Paramount has instead been releasing most of its catalog stuff to iTunes in HD and 4k.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks