What's new

Air Force One SuperBit (1 Viewer)

MaryS

Grip
I've had this DVD since January -- but just watched it for the first time -- the actual "body" of the movie was fine -- but the opening and ending screens and setup screens had VERY LOUD POPS -- loud enough to make you jump out of your seat -- I was afraid that my speakers had exploded!

Any ideas?

Anyone ever have this happen with this or any other movie?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Have you been able to try another disc? I have a copy of this movie and I don't remember anything that you have described occurring on my copy.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Mary, I am going to bet this only happens in the DTS mode. Unfortunately, this seems to happen with certain titles and players. This was a not-to-frequent (but annoying) occurrence with my Pioneer DVD player when I utilized the DTS track. I replaced my player in the course of time, and have not had any further incidents of this nature.

You may have to be "content" with DD playback of this title till your next player?

MaryS

Grip
it happens before you even get to select DD or DTS

when the disc is inserted (and ended) and when the setup screens are on

haven't tried another AFO -- but all my other discs (many DTS) are fine

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think you should try exchanging for or borrowing another disc. I tried out my copy and definitely did not experience the problem you are describing. If your other discs are fine then it seems to indicate a defective disc. If a new disc does the same thing then you will know that you have a player compatability problem.

Mark_Sparks

Agent
Hey everyone. I just snagged this on ebay for $13.50 shipped. I was estatic since it retails for around $24 or so. Anyways the guy I bought it from is from Singapore, and states this is an authentic dvd-9 disc. When I received it in the mail I was bummed. It looked like a fake cover and it did not have the SB case with it. The image on the dvd itself looked like a screen print of the original dvd case cover. I really didn't care about the looks as long as the dvd sounded good. The dts had tremendous drop outs, the first dvd ever on my set up to have an audio drop. So I emailed the guy and told him what was up and asked him if I received a "boot leg" copy. He said no and sent me another one. I have yet to receive it. SO...can anyone tell me what the AFO SB dvd looks like? I have Vertical Limit, Desperado, and 5th Element and they're all red discs. And further more, are SB dvd 9 or dvd 18? I think I got screwed!! Should of gone to Best Buy and been done with it. Arggrgrgrgr!!

Thanks

mark

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like bootleg to me. FWIW, I have the original Air Force One DVD and it's an excellent release. There's very little that would have been improved on.

Mark_Sparks

Agent
Actually what really tipped me off was that is said dts:es on the cover. WTF!! Superbits are not dts:es. And yes the original was a good disc, but the dts blows it away according to the reviews, plus the DD is recorded at a higher rate. 448 versus 336 or something

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm on a stereo setup, so I really don't pay much attention to sound specs... my main concern is picture quality. Still, I like to future proof my collection when possible with the OSL. Good luck on getting it all sorted out.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Adam, ins't the original release non-anamorphic? I think so and that is definitely something to improve on. Is the superbit version Anamorphic?

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Going back to the original post, I have experienced such 'pops' on the menus on many dvds, but these have radically decreased since I changed my amp. No probs on SB AFO here - and what a dts track! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks