What's new

After all my auditioning.....Klipsch it is (1 Viewer)

Chris Tabor

Stunt Coordinator
I've spent the last month or so listening to as many different speaker systems as I possible could. I've heard b&w, thiel, paradigm, deftech, polk, infinity, jbl, CV, Jamo, Klipsch, and so on I think i'm forgetting a few. But in the end I have to say i'm most happy with klipsch. I was real close to getting the tower II's by vmps but was recommended by a friend to here the paradigms first. So, I put the order on hold to audition them then came across a great deal on the klipsch rf7's. I must say this is the speaker i was looking for. I can't say i'm all that impressed with the more "audiophile" quality speakers. I never have quite got the idea behind an audiophile yet but I don't think i'm one. I just noticed that all the speakers I heard that were called audiophile speakers seemed "week". Thats just my ears and my opinion though. Anyway, I couldn't be happier with these speakers they are everything I was asking for and then some. Music jams, movies are incredible. They actually made the rest of my polk system sound like crap. The first thing I noticed when I played them on a movie was "i have to get a new center channel now". But anyway, several people posted they were interested in my polk audio towers, they are the rt2000p series with the powered dual 8" subs built in. Whoever you all were i'll offer them to you guys first. I would like to get about $700 for the pair but I am up for offers if that sounds too high. I really don't know what they are worth anymore but they were alot more than that when I bought them about a year ago. They are in perfect condition slightly used never abused and black ash in color i believe is what its called.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I'm sorry to hear your ears prefer Klipsch. Do you recall when your ears became deaf to high frequencies?
Just kidding :)
I've seen some movies on a synergy and RF7 HT and Klipsch just didn't fit my taste. After a while my ears fatigued and I noticed the sound effects were artificially bright sounding.
Funny how Manuel says "Welcome to the club" because Klipsch reminds me a lot of the sound at clubs I go to where musicians play live. Personally, I just wouldn't want sound like that in my house though.
I guess some people like "Live" sound, but I'd rather have a speaker that sounds better than live. :)

Chris Tabor

Stunt Coordinator
Whats funny is i've never heard a person complain about klipsch sound until I started reading on forums where so called "audiophiles" exist. Would someone please tell me what makes a person an audiophile and WHY they like the sound of those kinds of speakers? I mean every speaker that I listened too that was considered and audiophile speaker had that weak, no bass, and muffled sounding highs. Not the sound I want to show off my system to all my friends.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Congrats are in order. In my opinion, you did just right by letting your ears do the listening and picking out what you liked, instead of letting others make your choice for you. ;) I'm no audiophile. I'm an audio enthusiast. I had the same experiences as you. Went out and tried a bunch of speakers and, to my ears, the Klipsch sounded by far the best for the money. Enjoy...

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I also made the jump to Klipsch this year. I auditioned a whole lot of speakers and ultimately went with the RF3-II line. Awesome speakers, all around. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
Yes. Klipsch rocks. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. It's bullshit.

It's one thing to say you don't like a speaker. It's another to say no one else should.

-----
What's better then live? Music sould sound like music. Not music coming out of a speaker. I find "audiophiles" on the most part like speakers that change the sound lots, but still doesn't sound like crap. So the farther away from the "real thing" a speaker is without sounding bad, the better it is. Weird.

RandyRush

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats! I too recently switched to all Klipsch! I also don't quite understand the "love it or hate it" Klipsch thing; guess we just have better taste in our music than some!;)

Art C

Agent
I own Klipsch KLF-20's had them for almost 3
years now and I am still impressed. I love that
live sound that big fat thick like the band was
in front of you sound. The one where a guitar
string gets plucked and it becomes an event.
I love how loud these speakers crank with only
50 watts but what I love more is how well these
speakers sound at low volume they sound exactly
the same. I love how crisp and clear they sound
and am still amazed how fast they are and did I
mention the slam oh how I love the slam.
I not posting to bash anyone this is what I like
it is great that there is a speakers for every ones
taste and maybe some day there will be a speaker
that will do every thing right. Did they improve
my life you bet my favorite pasttime is listening
to them in the dark after the family goes to bed
good for the mind great for the soul.
ART
:D

Larry B

Screenwriter
Chris:
That is why I prefer Horn speakers over any other technology I have listened so far... Lifelike sound and dynamics.
Horns excel in dynamics but are notorious for having a highly colored midrange. While some people prefer dynamics over all else (Saurav, are you here? :) ), I prefer a natural sounding speaker with tonal accuracy, an area in which most horns are woefully inadequate.
However, I am glad that we live in a country where choice is not only allowed, by encouraged.
Larry

Larry B

Screenwriter
Manuel:

I have yet to hear a horn speaker that didn't mess up the human voice, nor one that sounds anything like a real piano.

Larry

Colin-K

Agent
I agree that Klipsch are great speakers. They defiantly do Rock. I've owned Klipsch speakers since 1985 and have not switched yet. But I am in the market for something different. Klipsch and JBL will always have their die-hard fans. I've been one for almost 20 years. I am starting to listen more to classical and less rock. Klipsch have High highs and Low lows. There great for rock and movies. Don't let anyone tell you that you made a bad choice. Horns have their own sound and some people simply don't like the sound because they're not used to it or used to listening to other tweeters. That is the case with audiophiles. They get used to conventional tweeters and reference everything off conventional tweeters. Klipsch are well built speakers, have great costumer service and only sound better over time. Good choice. That’s my two cents.:emoji_thumbsup:

Manuel Delaflor

Supporting Actor
Larry,
Perhaps we are talking about slightly different things. I like very much the piano on my Klipsch Heresy's. I have yet to hear the percussive, furious sound of Prokofiev sounding better in other type of speakers.
You seem to focus more on tonal properties. Im not sure if you believe every horn speaker must have a "honk" sound or something like that, but I can tell you that, perhaps, some of that sound is due to the amplifier.
Of course, I don't feel tonality is a problem with my speakers, nor I can find any "honk" sound or colored voices.
But that's me (and several others that have embraced Klipsch like Chris Tabor, after listening to several more). ;)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Klipsh are a serious contender for me for future speakers simply because they are so efficient AND I know they sound good too.

Keith M.

Second Unit
Larry B wrote
tonal accuracy, an area in which most horns are woefully inadequate.
This is complete crap. Why is it then that a majority of actual theaters and concert halls use horn based speaker systems.

There is a reason...

Just my opinion

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
Chris,

Don't let anybody tell you different, if you like the speakers then that is all that matters, you are the one who is going to listen to them for years to come.

We all don't have the same ears otherwise we would all have the same speakers. I hate it when somebody announces there purchase and others bash it because they don't like that particular product. Good luck and enjoy your new spakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks