What's new

Affordable 12 inch sealed subs? (Titanic, Rava) (1 Viewer)

Pete_M3

Agent
I was thinking about getting a 10 inch sub due to room size limitations, probably an STF-2, but then I noticed some of the sealed 12 inch subs are not much bigger.

The Dayton 10 inch Titanic got some very good reviews. Anyone have experience with the 12 inch Mark III? It has a 500 watt amp, EQ, variable crossover, all in a 17 inch cube. $537 for a kit, $687 assembled, free delivery. Appearance-wise it's a black cube with a "special satin textured enamel finish." No real specs are provided, but the website claims "It will be no problem to achieve in-room SPL's of 110 dB, with output down to about 25 Hz."

For all the missing u r l's, please see my thread on AVS forum. Apparently I haven't wasted enough bandwith on here to be able to post them. Here is the link without the www
avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=440663

Adire Rava has gotten excellent reviews too, anyone know how it stands up to the Titanic? 250 watt amp, EQ, variable crossover, in an 18 inch cube. $399 plus $22.43 shipping (ymmv) = $421.43, a bargain. And it has a honey oak or black oak finish cabinet with a black fabric grill. Specs indicate 100 dB SPL over 25 Hz and 105 dB SPL over 30 Hz (anechoic), and gets down to 27 Hz +/- 3 dB.

missing u r l

Adire has a spec sheet showing their Shiva driver kicks everyone else's butt, but now that the Titanic is a "Mark III," I'm not sure the specs still match up. Not all of the specs are in the same dimensions, and all that stuff is greek to me anyway.

Shiva spec page with comparisons to other drivers:
missing u r l

Titanic Mark III spec page (click on the downloadable report for more specs):
missing u r l

UFW-10 has also gotten some rave reviews, but it's a 10-inch and I think it might lack some punch by comparison.

missing u r l

I know SVS is coming out with a 10 inch, but it's 21 inches deep, and I'm trying to stay about 18 inches deep max. And besides, nobody has heard it yet, and it's likely to be backordered for a while after it does ship in October.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
The Rava is a really nice deal...hard to build one yourself for that price, and a sealed Shiva makes a nice sub. I doubt the UFW-10 would lack "punch", which is typically found in the upper bass. It might lack output compared to others.
Were I in the market, though, I might have to make myself wait for that SVS 10"...I think it might be that good from what I'm hearing. Certainly worth another 3".

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Pete,

Rather than make us wade through a couple hundred threads at AVS looking for your post, why don’t you go ahead and put in the links, sans the “www.” prefix. Then I (or someone else) can add the prefix and post them here for you.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks