1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice on Surround speaker mounts.

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by homeaudio, Jul 8, 2013.

1. homeaudio

homeaudio Member

vicky
    I am setting up my new media room and need some advice on speaker mounts.System :Onkyo TX-NR709, Blu Ray Player, XboxI have as my Fronts Martin Logan Motion 12's, center of Motion 8 and was thinking of 2 surrounds with Motion 4's.Now the quandary is that the room was pre-wired for 5.1 and am trying to make the existing wiring work for the surrounds partly given it is done.The issue I am struggling with a bit is that the pre-wired surround locations are on the ceiling and have a round ceiling box and is capped with one of these caps ( Arlington CP 3540)Given that I wanted suggestions in terms ofa. What type of ceiling speaker mounts Could be mounted on that box - seems like all that I find won't necessarily cover up that box if I remove the cap.b. From a speaker placement perspective, I have always had my surrounds on the side in a 5.1 setting, will them on the ceiling totally mess up the setup?c. Instead of the Motion 4's as surrounds do I look at in-wall type Say Helos 22's or Helos 12's?If mounting the Motion 12's other thing I thought is just buy a regular ceiling mount , not mess with trying to mount it on the box itself, but then aesthetically I would possibly expose some speaker wire.Any advice would be appreciated