What's new

Advice on a good dvd recorder that won't break the bank (1 Viewer)

ignoramus

Grip
Real Name
dan
I am looking for a decent DVD recorder that can double as my primary DVD player and cd player. I guess seperate pieces would be the best route but I have limited space and am not ready to upgrade my whole cabinet and setup. The one I have now was a walmart special that I bought in a hurry to record a show in a pinch, and I am totally disgusted with it. The quality of anything recorded is just horrible as expected I guess. I just want something that can record a clear picture with good sound quality.

AngeLsLuv

Auditioning
Real Name
Julia
hi ingor....,

I need to buy a dvd and a cd recorder too..

I've been thinking about it... Figured that since I have tons of bootlegs from years gone by of Todd Rundgren concerts (video and cassette) that I need to transfer, it would be wise to buy a seprate cd and dvd.. Reason I want seprate untits is that if one goes, I can buy a replacement easier.. Along with that, I've got so much that I know I will wear them out faster...

As far as dvd recording, I've been reading alot of praise about theSony VRDMC5 DVDirect DVD Recorder.. This is a standalone recorder that connects to a video unit... It is cheap through Amazon... As far as a dvd recorder to hook up to a tv and cable, Direct TV, etc I've heard alot of good things about the Toshiba DR410 1080p Upsonverting Tunerless DVD Recorder.... Being that they are both pretty inexpensive, they are easily replacable which is good news on a limited budget and apparently get the job done...

as far as a cd recorder.. I never want to hook up my cassette player to my pc since that is a pain in the neck.. I've yet to sarch around about purchsing one of those yet, so I've got no help for you there...

so, check out the two listed and have fun!!!

ignoramus

Grip
Real Name
dan
I have a hard time seeing the toshiba mentioned being all that great, since its close to the piece of crap I own in price. I can spend a little more than that. Any ideas for something a step up from those. Ive looked on amazon and there just isnt much there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks