What's new

Advice for Speaker selector switch (1 Viewer)

Mzenji

Auditioning
Real Name
Shane
I have a HK AVR 144 (max power is 80W) receiver and 2 pairs of Yamaha outdoor (6 ohm) speaker. Looking for advice on what selector switch to purchase that can work with my receiver without frying it. I want to be able to play music in 2 different zones (2 pais of speakers).Thanks for your advice.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Most speaker switches are going to present a "half-load" of your speakers...so they won't help, unless you bought one meant for 4 pairs, or more, with "impedance matching"(I've never seen a 2 pair switch with impedance matching). However, my advice is to run the pairs in series...which will double the ohm load... So, you take both rights and run positive to one speaker...its negative to the other positive...negative back to the amp. Repeat with the lefts. If it sounds daunting to run the speaker wire that way, there are ways to T the wire where you don't use as much as you'd think.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks